460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've noticed this strong 'out of the gate' charge by Ford, as well as the 'fast hard charging' finish of the season by Ford year after year, Only to lose the GD championship in the end.
Having said all that, in the NASCAR arena cheby has walked all over FORD time and time again since around 1970. Back in the 60s when NASCAR'S ran modified factory type big blocks, FORD dominated the championship. In those days racing was between the mopars and the Fords, cheby wasnt even close. Ever since, the rules have been manipulated and modifyed to promote and propel the cheby 'small block' into the history books as the over all winningest performance brand of all times. Rules can be made and enforced to favor one manufacturer over another to the point of being possible that even a rice burner :eek: might smoke a Ford.
Bottom line is this. If FMC don't get its head out of its *** ,Stand firm and Demand the rules Not favor either manufacture over the other, FORD will continue this NASCAR championship losing streek and cheby will continue to dominate NASCAR---period.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Carl Edwards drives a Toyota for JGR nowadays. The 6 of Trevor Bayne and the 2 of Brad K. had engine failures.
Your right. It was Brad Keselowski that I heard about. I didn't watch the whole race. Just the last 25 laps or so and he was already out by then. I caught that tidbit on the news that evening and saw it was a Ford that blew up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've noticed this strong 'out of the gate' charge by Ford, as well as the 'fast hard charging' finish of the season by Ford year after year, Only to lose the GD championship in the end.
Having said all that, in the NASCAR arena cheby has walked all over FORD time and time again since around 1970. Back in the 60s when NASCAR'S ran modified factory type big blocks, FORD dominated the championship. In those days racing was between the mopars and the Fords, cheby wasnt even close. Ever since, the rules have been manipulated and modifyed to promote and propel the cheby 'small block' into the history books as the over all winningest performance brand of all times. Rules can be made and enforced to favor one manufacturer over another to the point of being possible that even a rice burner :eek: might smoke a Ford.
Bottom line is this. If FMC don't get its head out of its *** ,Stand firm and Demand the rules Not favor either manufacture over the other, FORD will continue this NASCAR championship losing streek and cheby will continue to dominate NASCAR---period.
Please explain what you mean by how the rules favor one manufacturer. I dont follow NASCAR so I may need a little education here. I thought they were all just restricting CFM and CI displacement etc....

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Please explain what you mean by how the rules favor one manufacturer. I dont follow NASCAR so I may need a little education here. I thought they were all just restricting CFM and CI displacement etc....
If FORD or TOYOTA start winning on a regular basis, NASCAR will find a way to slow them down or they will change the rule package to favor Chevy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this thread or diss anyone here. Not trying to be a wise *** either but I'm not writing a novel. If you wish to know more about NASCAR rules do you're own research and educate yourself.
The proof is in the stats for most NASCAR events, from your local dirt track all the way up to the top. What else do you think would explain the gm dominance of the sport? Could it be that the cheby engine is just a better package for power and performance as opposed to the FORD version of the same size, etc ? I think Not. Even so, if the cheby was a better performance piece, isn't that what the NASCAR rules are for? To balance out the good and bad of ALL manufactures to the point of making the sport fair and competitive for All who participate? I would think so. How bout that for proof?
And if not the brand (FORD/cheby/yota) one being a better package than the other year after year, what else would or could explain the gm dominance? Could it be the powers that be (NASCAR) has been favoring one brand over the other since the cid limit became a rule, giving a slight advantage to the gm, bending the rules as they see fit? JUST A THOUGHT.
Next would be that all NASCAR FORD drivers suck so bad that they can't compete with drivers of opposing brands. I THINK NOT. In fact it appears to me that the FORD drivers are constantly busting their *** far more, trying and driving harder than drivers of opposing brands to gain what little ground they do.
The only place the FORD drivers are screwing themselves on the track is by not being more loyal to fellow FORD drivers, as the blow-tie teams do for each other. Stick with the FORD guys and hang the others out to dry.
Personally I think the championship has been up for sale to the highest bidder for many years now and gm has constantly been the highest bidder ever since.
I think the Men In Black are at my door now, ones in official NASCAR approved duds, one looks like Stewart, one like dani****patrick and Jr is pounding his self in the forehead with a full can of bud. Looks Scarry. LOL
OOOPPS, A NOVEL!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Dont mean to hijack this thread or diss anyone here. Not trying to be a wise *** either but I'm not writing a novel. If you wish to know more about NASCAR rules do you're own research and educate yourself.
The proof is in the stats for most NASCAR events, from your local dirt track all the way up to the top. What else do you think would explain the gm dominance of the sport? Could it be that the cheby engine is just a better package for power and performance as opposed to the FORD version of the same size, etc ? I think Not. Even so, if the cheby was a better performance piece, isn't that what the NASCAR rules are for? To balance out the good and bad of ALL manufactures to the point of making the sport fair and competitive for All who participate? I would think so. How bout that for proof?
And if not the brand (FORD/cheby/yota) one being a better package than the other year after year, what else would or could explain the gm dominance? Could it be the powers that be (NASCAR) has been favoring one brand over the other since the cid limit became a rule, giving a slight advantage to the gm, bending the rules as they see fit? JUST A THOUGHT.
Next would be that all NASCAR FORD drivers suck so bad that they can't compete with drivers of opposing brands. I THINK NOT. In fact it appears to me that the FORD drivers are constantly busting their *** far more, trying and driving harder than drivers of opposing brands to gain what little ground they do.
The only place the FORD drivers are screwing themselves on the track is by not being more loyal to fellow FORD drivers, as the blow-tie teams do for each other. Stick with the FORD guys and hang the others out to dry.
Personally I think the championship has been up for sale to the highest bidder for many years now and gm has constantly been the highest bidder ever since.
I think the Men In Black are at my door now, ones in official NASCAR approved duds, one looks like Stewart, one like dani****patrick and Jr is pounding his self in the forehead with a full can of bud. Looks Scarry. LOL
OOOPPS, A NOVEL!
Unlike the local weekend local tracks, NASCAR rules don't favor any brand or team.

How it really works to win, be the best Team.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Unlike the local weekend local tracks, NASCAR rules don't favor any brand or team.

If that were true, we wouldn't have a Toyota motor or a COT.

NASCAR couldn't figure out how to enforce rules that made the field competitive, so they made them all the same.

·
Registered
783 Posts

NASCAR couldn't figure out how to enforce rules that made the field competitive, so they made them all the same.

PS ---------- Go team Penske!

·
Registered
516 Posts

You, TOO SLOW. are quoting theory, not reality. NASCAR is a dictatorship and they do what they think favors them the most. That means whichever brands favor them gets favored. I have been following NASCAR since 1958 and am currently friends with what I would consider one of the heavy hitters inside NASCAR. Do you think Richard Petty winning his 200th race at the Daytona 500 in front of the President was because all the planets were aligned. NOT. In the late 50's there was a moratorium on automobile racing in the United States. Around 1960 Pontiac lobbied NASCAR and Bill France and his cronies were driving Pontiacs and Pontiacs dominated. By 1963 Ford declined to honor the moratorium and dominated with the 427 wedge. In 64, NASCAR allow Chrysler to run the hemi because their wedge couldn't get the job done. Ford countered with the SOHC hemi and it was disallowed. The Chevy big block could not get the job done and GM lobbied for the small block, thinking they could be competitive and dominate, however, they underestimated the 351 c. More recently, when Toyoto entered the fray, they had no pushrod V8, so they engineered a pushrod V8 to the letter of the rules. As did the rest to the manufactures. Next Dodge was allowed to use their new V8, then Chevy, but not Ford for another year plus.

Ford was a smaller company that was founded on racing and was relatively light on their feet when it came to making changes. Witness what Henry Ford II did when Enzo Ferrari pissed Henry off. Henry Ford gave his engineers a blank check to beat Ferrari at his own game and they did, soundly. GM can't move as quick as Ford, so they lobbied against Ford to the various racing organization with money. And not just NASCAR, when we raced prostock in 1970 thru 1975, we had to carry more weight with our 351c Pinto than did the 350 Chevy guys. I am not just throwing sour grapes here, I have been witnessing lobbing against Ford for many years. I was trained as an engineer at GMI and worked for Cadillac and Pontiac. I raced Chevys starting in 1960, but switched to FORD in 1962 because of lack of durability issues with the Chevys. The whole damn car, not just the engine.

No disrespect to you TOO SLOW, but NASCAR does favor brands and it takes more than the best team to win.

·
Registered
516 Posts

PS ---------- Go team Penske!
And since NASCAR has gone to spec cars, look at all the empty seats in the grandstands.

·
Registered
516 Posts
And since I'm in high gear, how in hell could a racing organization (NASCAR), put an elevated rear wing on the rear of the car for down force. It worked going forward, but when the car went backwards, the car flew. Rear tires off the ground and who knew where the car was going, into the catch fence so parts could fly off the car and into the spectators. That rear wing was an exceedingly poor decision. And sort of reflects on many decisions NASCAR makes. Notice all the empty seats.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Not only are there empty seats, but most tracks have actually removed grandstands so that the empty seats were not so obvious.

NASCAR wanted to remove the "Bubba's", so they inflated the prices so high that only the more elite could attend their gala. They are finding out that even the white collar bubbas are not entertained enough to pay the outrageous prices.

Sponsors are starting to see the reduced return on investment. It is only a matter of time before the field of competitors is reduced from 43 due to lack of revenues.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts