460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to renew my tags and license today here in Ohio and couldnt renew my license. It turns out that sometime recently they tied into a national database and I have an 12 year old unpaid speeding ticket in North Carolina that I have to take care of before I can renew my license. I got this ticket back in early 97 on a Tennessee drivers license, so I have to pay the ticket plus late and court fees, then I have to pay a reinstatement fee to NC, then once thats cleared up I have to pay another reinstatement fee to TN, so I can renew my Ohio license. What a clusterf...

I've had a great day today. At least the let me renew my tags.

:mad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent him a PM on here. I'm not sure what hours he works and didn't want to call him late in the evening.

·
Registered
279 Posts
States are getting by with anything these days, just something else to screw the american public out of a dollar.

One day, hopfully one day we will get a gut full of this crap imposed on us & do something about it.
And the law wonders why its so much crime.
Neil

·
Registered
562 Posts
States are getting by with anything these days, just something else to screw the american public out of a dollar.

One day, hopfully one day we will get a gut full of this crap imposed on us & do something about it.
Neil
if the OP had just paid the ticket when he got it this would not be a issue now

it does suck having your past come back to haunt you

·
Registered
783 Posts
Neil
You're kidding right? The guy doen't pay a ticket for breaking the law, and you think it's the law's fault. If you don't like the laws here in the good ole USA, move anywhere else and see what the punishment is.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I sent him a PM on here. I'm not sure what hours he works and didn't want to call him late in the evening.
Call me Mike, I have the info you need:)
I can pick it up and bring it too you if you want;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if the OP had just paid the ticket when he got it this would not be a issue now

Thank you captian obvious.

For the life of me I cant remember having gotten a ticket around the time they told me it was, but that was also close to the same time I came back from a deployment and was getting ready to be discharged from the Marine Corps, so I may have been preocupied with other things at the time and forgot about it.

It just would have been nice to know before I needed to renew my license.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Those red light camera deal's around here are a bunch of **** also. They contacted my work and said I was speeding through a red light a couple of months back in my company truck. (NOT).My boss took it to court and beat it when he proved my truck and license plate was in shop being fixed at the time. Chevy junk saved me that time:rolleyes:

·
Registered
562 Posts
well you are the one that came on here complianing about a ticket from your past :rolleyes: being Ex military you really should have known better and plus you being a marine you know there is no excuse for screwing up lucky you only "forgot about a ticket" forgetting in theater could cost you alot more ;)

peace out own it take care of it move on :)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Tickets are tickets , just pay it ! about 30 years ago a cop had a speed trap set up on my road home . I went through the speed trap about 6 times right on what I figured was the speed limit as I knew my speedo was out,after the 6th time I turned around and went back to the unmarked cruiser and asked How Fast Was I going ? He told me that a radar speed trap was not there so you could calibrate your speedo, so the next pass through the I let the ol' '67 427 stang show it's leg's and run it at 7800 rpm in high with the 3.73's and all his speed gun would only show was '000' and Flash 'OVER' . Clicked the throttle off and coasted to a stop about 3 miles down the road and waited for him to catchup , and boy was he pissed !! when I asked How fast was I going he couldn't give me an answer ,all he could say was that I was over 200 km/per/hr , in court I asked the officer as to how fast was I going when I was going on the pass at the speed limit and his answer was He didn't know! and how fast was I going when I was over the limit and his reply was higher than the speed gun would register , I told the judge that there must have been a malfunction with the speed gun and that I'd driven pass him for the 7 th time at the same speed as before ! Case dismissed!! was the verdict!!!!!!!!and I smircked as I left the court house !!!
Frank
as a side note my "67 stang had the record for running 214.8 mph in the running measured mile with that ol' 427 side oiler screeming it's lungs out !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/fayette/s_557756.html

There are some good reasons for the national database, like this one. I went to high school and played football with Courtney, he was a pretty good guy. The sh!tbag lives in WV and had his lic suspended for DUIs. He used an address in PA, lied on their application about the WV susp, and was granted the PA lic he was driving on when this happened. The database was initially setup for this kind of thing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Law enforcement being able to share information about criminal activity is nothing but a good thing in my book...and that comes from experience.

Guarantee everyone would be up in arms about how law enforcement isn't doing their job if this same scenario involved a foreigner....

I don't even want to mention the word terrorist, everyone will go nuts!

Everyone hates cops until they need one...

·
Registered
279 Posts
You're kidding right? The guy doen't pay a ticket for breaking the law, and you think it's the law's fault. If you don't like the laws here in the good ole USA, move anywhere else and see what the punishment is.
Move you say, I dont think so because my folks are indian & we were here before any of the pond jumpers ever sailed over here.
We've been made move for the last time & it wont happen again.
Neil

1 - 20 of 31 Posts