460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for Rods or even one Rod and piston for my 1980 429 HD engine for my bucket truck with air brakes. Im told there are different from passenger car/truck rods. Please help I got to get this truck working again Thanks

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
The industrial 429 rod? Pretty sure there's somebody selling them on ebay all the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hd truck rods

i have a complete set NOS in the box. the rods are shorter about 1/4 of an inch if memory serves me correctly.

jim oberg
eudora ks
785542 one thousand

Looking for Rods or even one Rod and piston for my 1980 429 HD engine for my bucket truck with air brakes. Im told there are different from passenger car/truck rods. Please help I got to get this truck working again Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a reconditioned set. The rods have been cleaned, magnaflux inspected, the big ends resized with new bolts and nuts. If you're interested, give me a call. I return calls.

Skip Ohnmacht
(315) 343-6030 days
(315) 343-3666 leave message.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
CR 370 rods for med. duty trucks??? Ill Look but I think there different THANKS
Eagle CR 370 are aftermarket replacements. They have not been made in many years. They are correct for your 429HD. Sounds like a few guys here have what you need too. MD/HD rods are shorter at 6.358" or there a bouts...

·
Registered
334 Posts
You are correct on the length (6.357"). It is becoming increasingly difficult to find good rods. I ended up with this set by error. There are two different "truck rods".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts