460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a fan shroud for a 1988 Ford e350, 460 engine 7.5 w/air..please I’m needing one..mine broke and I put two electric fans on but they do t keep it cool as my old fan did..I want to put it back on...or maybe someone knows another year shroud that would interchanged...

·
Registered
25 Posts
In another thread an 04 explorer fan and shroud was mentioned that it fits.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In another thread an 04 explorer fan and shroud was mentioned that it fits.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Thank you....I looked for a 2004 explorer fan shroud and I can’t even find one of them..am still hoping someone has one somewhere...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you consider patching the old shroud back together with some strips of sheet metal and sheet metal screws? It worked for me.

Richard

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes if I had it,,set my RV broke down in Fl and the guy that come to fis it put new thermostat, water pump and radiator plus a heat sensor...but tore my shroud to pc and left it off..I never knew it would be this hard to find one...or I would have made him give it to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so finally found my shroud,,,took the electrical fan assembly’s back off..put shroud and engine fan back on,,,found out the repair man in Fl never put a thermostat in just changed me 464. For fixing and didn’t fix..so hers my dilemma,, I put new water pump, new radiator 4 core, new no fail thermostat, new radiator hose, new AC compressor, and new idler puller...now my van runs cooler but when I stop and let it idle the heat hand runs over to hot, soon as I start driving temp goes down to normal...I’m at a lost what is wrong..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Firstly I’d put a known good mechanical temp gauge (just temporary) on it just as a sanity check. Secondly is it possible that the water pump is spinning the wrong way?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not that good of a mechanic..lol I’m a 68 yo lady...but thanks I will try find someone to do that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts