460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here is my problem. I am doing a fox body swap on a budget....imagine that. I bought a 429 motor ran okay figured I would put a mild cam in a 4bbl intake. Make it a fun ride...not a race car just a cruiser. Anyway I was pulling off the old exhaust and I had 2 studs break one in each head. My father and I tried to get them out but we were unsuccessful. SO now I either need to get these rebuilt and fixed or I need new heads. The heads I have are C8VE-A. I am hoping someone might have a set of used heads that I pick up kind of cheap and bolt on my motor. I know this may be asking alot but figure I could ask. Well thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
unless a local pickupfor , another set of heads ;shipping cost would be higher than if you take the heads off. bring to a machine shop that can remove the broken studs/bolts. add: your local would help, might be a pair 2mi. down the road

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in NJ .....zip 08533...and willing to travel...always love a good day trip..lol

thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I know Manny Buginga is in your area. He is a Super Street Outlaw Racer who has some connections. Send me an email and I can get you a phone number. He could tell you a good machine shop in the NJ/NY area!

[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i have a set of Heads that have about 6K miles on them since complete valve job from my 1972 Ford 429 (D2VE) i just removed them because after i got rid of the 72 T-Bird ive decided to make the engind fuel injected so ive had some custom heads built for it using 92 ford truck 460 EFI Heads.. i'll sale the pair for $175 plus shipping They're still clean all bolt holes are perfect ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts