460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
starter

we have the motorcraft late model starter on our dragster for the last 4 yrs and never had a problem. its a 16 to 1 638.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I picked up a '94 F350 with 50K on it went to start it and it spun over like it had almost 0 cyl pressure. The thing pressure tested perfect, low and behold the son of a bitch has a mini starter on it. I just bought one for the race boat as well.

Damn I love Big Fords !!!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Put one on the ole 79 worked awesome with 11:1 472. Gets my vote, reasonable price also.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I DONT LIKE THE MINI,people say it good, thats fine, but i use the old 351/400 starters, the one on my car is 10 years old, 15 to 1 comp,no starter with a sol on top will fit my engine

·
Registered
111 Posts
starter

It might sound like a broken record but the late model 460 starter is awsome. I didnt have very good luck with my ROB MC but i think he has fixed the problem since then. IT cost me a new flywheel and round #1 at st louis divisional opener quick 64 OOPS!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
the people i know that use the 460 mini have no problems

·
Registered
194 Posts
anybody have a picture of what they look like? I had a kick out pan made for my v-drive boat and would like to see what they look like for the fit.

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
The one in the pic.... Ford PMGR reman from autozone!

Spins my 11.8:1 545 over like it has no rods attached, hot or cold, day or night, rain or shine, etc.....

Cheap and good....

Greg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts