460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some advice on building a 460 block d9TE, it is .060 over and the walls look good, i have a stock crank and rods that have been polished, can anyone recommend a domed piston that will work with c9ve heads?
also the block i blew up was a d1ve, is there a diff. in deck height with a d9te?

·
Registered
957 Posts
The crank out of a d1ve block wont work in the d9 block.

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
...building a 460 block d9TE, it is .060 over and the walls look good, i have a stock crank and rods that have been polished, can anyone recommend a domed piston that will work with c9ve heads?
How much compression ratio do you want? The TRW L2443's will put you way over 13:1 at 0.060 overbore. Also, Carl has some 0.080" ovebore custom dome tops if you're interested...click HERE to view them.

also the block i blew up was a d1ve, is there a diff. in deck height with a d9te?
Typically, all the deck heights over the years are within ~0.030" of each other, and most of the D1VE and D9TE blocks are basically the same.

Paul

·
Registered
957 Posts
Why wont the cranks interchange only different in cranks is the older cranks are internally balanced?
Because the counter weights on the early cranks wont clear bottom of bores on late block. The bores are longer on the d9 blocks, further in the block.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to paul kane

thanks for all the input, i didn't realize trw's would make that much compression, where is a good place to get a set of trw's, thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts