460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 460 with straight up timing and mild cam for daily driving, not racing. I am going to put a Holley 4bbl on it and I have been told to get a 4160. Problem is there are numerous models of the 4160 and I know nothing about them. I would like electric choke for convenience. This will be going into a 4x4 truck.

What 4160 recommended?

Other choices feel free to tell me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
An 1850 will give you good manners and response which is a 600 cfm and they come with electric choke. But 4160 or 4150 either will work you just need to decide the size. If you are running stock manifolds an 1850 would be right for it, even with headers unless you made a lot of high rpm runs I still think its the best responding carb for most engines so a 600 or 650 would be a decent recommend ..

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
Vehicle and application?

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Quickfuel 680 vs hot rod series. If your going to put your foot in it the 800. For truck use and fuel economy the 680. Good carb. Not expensive. If I we're picking a carb for what you want it would probably be an edelbrock avs 2. Annular primaries, easy to tune. Have set a couple up for daily driver, mild hot rod stuff and it is a good carb.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
1977 ford f150 4x4, daily driver, mild 4 wheeling if needed in winter and fall.
I have a '78 F150 4x4 with a mild 460, home ported heads, Performer intake, some kind of boat cam, and fenderwell headers. It really likes a Holley 650 double pumper #4777 .

Do you have an intake with the Holley carb pattern?

·
Premium Member
8,721 Posts
In a nearly stock engine with or with out headers a 600 vac secondary for a C6 application is more than enough. Long yellow spring if you want to speed up the back side.

At Full tilt our 400 hp build use barely over 600 cfm on the dyno.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In a nearly stock engine with or with out headers a 600 vac secondary for a C6 application is more than enough. Long yellow spring if you want to speed up the back side.

At Full tilt our 400 hp build use barely over 600 cfm on the dyno.

SJ
used 2b RHP

This is good to know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts