460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im running a racepack with two O2's, one in each side of the exhaust. Its a F.A.S.T. car with full 2 1/2 inch exhaust, 429SCJ iron intake fully massaged internally. The left side of the motor runs 12.8 to 13.2 while the right side runs 11.6 to 12.0. I've had racepack test and re calibrate both O'2 and they claim they're right on. I can only assume that the design of the intake is the cause. Any ideas on the cure?

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Swap the O2's around to verify the numbers. Then go from there...
Swapping the sensors around will not cure it. It is not a faulty sensor. It is a problem with the dual plane on these motors(who knows... maybe all dual planes). I know from our class limited pulling motor. I can't really make sense of it. Probably need a sensor on each tube. But I doubt that would help one fix the problem.

Maybe it can be fixed by a soon evolution of one of these intakes!?!?!?

Bret

· Administrator
5,120 Posts
I didn't mean this would fix it. I just wanted to see if the numbers remained the same with the sensors swapped (If they remained the same you would also know that the O2's were calibrated correctly as the shop said they were). Or if he got different readings altogether. That is all... Just looking for a starting point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.