Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1973 2 bolt block 30 over 466 CID with this crank and rod combo
ARP studs everywhere
eagle cast crank
eagle i beam rods
speed pro light weight forged flat top pistons
Piston specs HERE
Fuel system should be up to par

I am planning on a carb, heads, cam, and rockers.

I currently have D3 heads and I am giving up on them. I was looking at P51 heads but I am not sure if they will work with my current piston selection. They are going on a 2700 lb fox body notch that could go on a diet in time. I currently have a 3200 rpm stall and a C6 trans. I am running a 150 to 250 hp nitrous plate and debating adding a separate 1 gallon cell for the fuel supply. I would like the car to stay on 93 octane if possible, maybe switch the fuel system over to E85 as it's more readily available in my area now since I will need a new carb anyway. I know this is a very open ended question and I can get a lot of different answers. I drive the car on the street every now and then but it is setup as a complete drag car with radials and all solid heimed suspension so it's hardly a street car. I can build a chassis without much issue but I am definitely not knowledgeable enough in the head and cam selections to make this call without help. I had a set of D&D headers built for the car recently so I would like to stick with a ford exhaust port. Any opinions here?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some other needed information.
Bore - 4.39"
stroke - 3.85"
head gasket bore - 4.5"
Compressed gasket thickness - .041"
Piston dome + 3.90"
Piston compression height - 1.756"

It is a D3 block so it should be 10.322 deck if I remember right. I honestly never measured the piston deck clearance which I know will factor greatly but stock would be around .036. I've never had the block decked that I can remember. Either way I'm out of pump gas range with these numbers which is fine. Would the P51 heads even work with these pistons or would I need a different head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts