460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have d3ve heads with the stud conversion for roller rockers and I want to use the roller rockers on a set of dove heads. All i should need to get are the pushrod guide plates right. My ? is what keeps the rocker from turning on the stud. What keeps the rocker arm aligned? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
330 Posts
If I have d3ve heads with the stud conversion for roller rockers and I want to use the roller rockers on a set of dove heads. All i should need to get are the pushrod guide plates right. My ? is what keeps the rocker from turning on the stud. What keeps the rocker arm aligned? Thanks for the help
The guide plate

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guide plate

Do's anyone have a part number for the guide plates for dove heads with 3/8s push rods

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think someone mentioned with some rocker setups you might have to machine some more off the stud boss to get the geometry right in some cases ?

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
If I have d3ve heads with the stud conversion for roller rockers and I want to use the roller rockers on a set of dove heads. All i should need to get are the pushrod guide plates right. My ? is what keeps the rocker from turning on the stud?
The pushrod guide plates keep the roller tip positioned over the valve stem tip.

If you mean to say that you currently have the Crane D3VE rocker stud conversion kit which uses a 7/16" stud with the 5/16" thread base (which screws into the OEM D3VE head), then those studs will not work with the D0VE heads. You need to purchase 7/16" rocker studs with the 7/16" thread base and also the pushrod guide plates.

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
I think someone mentioned with some rocker setups you might have to machine some more off the stud boss to get the geometry right in some cases ?
The height of the rocker stud bosses has no effect on valve train geometry. But not machining them might cause clearance issues in some (but not most) cases.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts