460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Provided noboby throws his shoes at me, (like a disgruntled Chevy fan), I am supposed to give a talk at the seminar Jan 3rd. The Question is, what does anyone want to hear about? I have a few things planned, but would be interested in hearing suggestions for any topic. I have some pictures I used at a seminar I did at the PRI show a few years ago. Mostly they are how to do things and homemade tools photos. Looking forward to being there. ... Kaase

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Jon, I think whatever you decide will be good for most. Especially your Boss Mustang project. I just purchased a 06 Mustang and will be doing a BBF oem head style swap on it in the near future. So if you have any info I could use, please bring it w/you if it's not too much trouble. Thanks, and see you there. Merry CHRISTmas Rick

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Have to talk about the Mustang. Bring all of your Boos 9 parts. Also some of your history of racing & building engines.

Also you have to bring the Mustang to show it off.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Toss in a little airplane stuff to lighten up the room on something we know very little about also. Definately Boss Stang too. 8)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Jon, I would listen to anything you wanted to talk about!
I'm just hoping to make it there a this point, would definitely like to check your Boss Mustang out. 8)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Jon,
Bring the Boss Mustang! We're all dying to see it :idea: :!:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Jon.....

I think you could probably talk about photosynthasis and how it has some profound affect on airflow inside an engine........the guys would be all ears and probably have lots of questions on this topic.....
:lol:
My point is this.........its not about what you say.......its' that you're saying something that they'll listen to.

mike

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'd like to see the new B9 heads, intake, valvetrain.....the B9 S197 mustang, and I would also like to hear about your findings (R/D) on intake manifold design and modifications for equal fuel distribution and wet-flow characteristics...whether on the B9 intake or the EMC intake.

After we're done with that you can toss me the keys to the B9 S197 car and we can test my new G-tech power prgrammers consistency for 1/4 mile runs.

I think a good test for enough data would need about 10 runs. :lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Another idea could be to speak about piston coatings, different types, and whether or not you or others have found them beneficial (detonation resistance, friction reduction) and IF they are worth the cost...whether on piston tops or sides or not at all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kaase Seminar

Jon,

The most dramatic topic you could speak of is the Boss 9 head project. One year from an idea to a product that will make such a dramatic difference in the Ford camp is a great topic.

Two years ago I started my Boss 9 clone project with no clear idea on how I would afford the Boss 9 for the car. Your heads allows an "affordable" Boss 9 for our projects.

The insight and ability to create these new heads has got to be more interesting than any other topic I could think of.

Steve Engberg

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
How About Talking about the Engine Masters Camshafts? Intake and Header tuning Maybe?

Dave

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
would be interested in hearing in depth info on BB Ford prostock engine building and 800 inch motor tech.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
HEMI-HUNTER said:
would be interested in hearing in depth info on BB Ford prostock engine building and 800 inch motor tech.

Hemi before you get into an engine that big don't you think you aught to get a car that will handle the HP you have now? you should have it updated to handle some power, and get those rod ends changed and new ones on it, the suspention need alot of TLC.. :wink: oh I also think you need some 6.14 gears so you can be wound out by the 1/32 mile marker and be on the rev limiter all the rest of the way...thru the 1/4 :shock: why use the hp and torque when you can use the rev limiter?

JMHO
Randy

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mr. Kaase, personally, even though I wont be able to make it, if I were going I would like to here you talk just a bit about the heads that you use in pro stock i.e. the c441 roberts design heads. Obviously I know you wont tell many secrets but, maybe some clues on possible flow numbers and anything you may be willing to divulge. The reason I say this, is because they are perhaps the badest heads on the planet bar none, and people would like to hear from the person who helped design them talk about em.

jmo,
good luck

·
Registered
765 Posts
cougar1969 said:
HEMI-HUNTER said:

Hemi before you get into an engine that big don't you think you aught to get a car that will handle the HP you have now? you should have it updated to handle some power, and get those rod ends changed and new ones on it, the suspention need alot of TLC.. :wink: oh I also think you need some 6.14 gears so you can be wound out by the 1/32 mile marker and be on the rev limiter all the rest of the way...thru the 1/4 :shock: why use the hp and torque when you can use the rev limiter?

JMHO
Randy
NOT that im sticking up for anybody here.....but I for one am just alil curious as to what's inside those animals too. I have no intent on building one.....nor do i have a chassis for the animal i do have.

Maybe....just maybe....but could Chip only be interesed just for the sake of being interesed? :idea:

Sometimes we all just need to step away from the keyboard and take a big deep breath before we post.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Jon: I am interested in your Boss 9 in your 08 Stang. I am intrigued by your Engine Masters Boss 429 as well.

Of course, when you talk tech of any type, everybody listens. :D

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
4speed390 said:
Mr. Kaase, personally, even though I wont be able to make it, if I were going I would like to here you talk just a bit about the heads that you use in pro stock i.e. the c441 roberts design heads. Obviously I know you wont tell many secrets but, maybe some clues on possible flow numbers and anything you may be willing to divulge. The reason I say this, is because they are perhaps the badest heads on the planet bar none, and people would like to hear from the person who helped design them talk about em.

jmo,
good luck
4speed390,

In the Tech Seminar on Sunday morning at the first Ford Bash, Jon graciously brought a C-441 IHRA Hemi head at my request. He covered everything about them pretty well at that time. Please contact Damon Sea (Phantasea 466) and for a copy of the DVD of 1st Ford Bash Tech Seminar in Apr. 2007. I strongly suggest you buy it, as there was a lot of good Tech subjects covered in those 4 or 5 hours.

I hope you understand, that I don't want Jon to go back and start repeating subject matter that has already been covered in one of the Tech Seminars. :wink:

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts