460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried search, but couldn't find what i was looking for. I saw pictures of how someone cut the bottom out of their fox body core support and added in tubing in order to move the radiator forward away from the water pump. I know someone has done this and would likme to see pictures of how it was done.
Gary

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Thanks 96Mustang460cid I believe thats the thread I was looking for. I've got to get my frame straightened and a new core support welded in and I figured it might be a good idea to move the rediator forward to eliminate the cause of my recent crash at the strip. The water pump pulley sat between the dual Spal fans with nothing more than 3/8" at the snout and when my motor mount broke the pulley moved toward the passenger side forcing the fan blades into the core. It's hard to believe that a plastic fan blade could cut an aluminum radiator core and suffer no damage to the blades themselves. That must be some tough plastic! Just looking for some ideas on how other people did it, I don't believe in reinventing the wheel if I don't have to.
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts