460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one you guys have any picture of your 10 point cage I would like to see them . I would like to see what you did by the dash because I realy don't want to cut a holes in it . Sorry if this is in the rong forum !

Thanks Lew

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
S&W race cars sells the front down tubes that go " around / in front of" the dash in the front so you don't have to cut.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chuck said:
I think you will regret not putting the bars thru the dash. I make it so much easier getting in the car.
That is what I'm worried about I'm 6'2 250 and have enough trouble getting in and out with the 6 point . My car only has 8,000 miles on it and it's killing me to cut the dash "lol"

Lew

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm converting a friends sn95 to a 10pt as we speek. He got it from comp eng. they give him a templet to cut the hole in the dash. The dash has to be taken loose, layed back to mark it with the templet, cut the hole, run the bar thru the hole, then stand the dash back up to mach every thing up. I hope to make some progress this week.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Chuck said:
I'm converting a friends sn95 to a 10pt as we speek. He got it from comp eng. they give him a templet to cut the hole in the dash. The dash has to be taken loose, layed back to mark it with the templet, cut the hole, run the bar thru the hole, then stand the dash back up to mach every thing up. I hope to make some progress this week.
Can you take pictures of that process??

·
Registered
816 Posts
Sure will, I got the seats out & carpet. To be honest, I'm dreading taking the dash out. It's a PITA!! I forgot my photobucket pass word.LOL.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chuck said:
Sure will, I got the seats out & carpet. To be honest, I'm dreading taking the dash out. It's a PITA!! I forgot my photobucket pass word.LOL.
Tell me about it that is another reason why if I could get in and out of the car ok I would rather just have it bent around the dash .

Lew

S

·
0 Posts
PM me and I'll share my web site.. You can click on the pic's for a closer view there..

Like Gerry said.. Wolfcraft has some of the best stuff..

My S&W Cage with wolfcraft subs..

Taking the dash ot of a SN95 car is easy..

There are 6 electrical plugs, three on each side.. becarfull to disconnect the Batt for at least 5 min to reduce the possibility of air bag deploy.. the Air bag module is in the middle (foward) just behind the console..

Laters!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Lew,

Run the bars through the dash and as close to the A-pillar as possible. I had a car with the down tubes next to the dash and it was a PITA getting in and out of the car.

IMO It's worth the extra $$$ and effort to put the bars through the dash.

Car I used to own with the bars in front of the dash.
Link to more pictures
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466/Danny C 90 Notch/

Now look at my car with the bars running through the dash
Link to more pictures
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f75/Phantasea466/83 Mustang/?start=all

Notice how much MORE room you will have with the down tubes next to the a-pillars and going through the dash.

Good Luck :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys :) I'm going to give Wolf Craft a call tomarrow . I think my best bet to have more room is to just go though the dash .

Lew

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I love the tubes through the dash. It gives you more room to get in and out and gives the car a cleaner look with them tucked up close to the a pillars. Plus if your ever on fire do you really want anything getting in your way and slowing you down getting out of the car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Paint cage before certification?

Can the rollcage be painted before the NHRA/IHRA certification or will it have to be certified bare and then can be painted? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts