460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to put a blower motor together any and all info welcome .Need intake for 871 and crank hup to start.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Step 1, order your billet crank with a big block chebby snout, double keyed, in your choice of stroke. Step 2, order the aftermarket block of your choice. Step 3, select the type of head you wish to run. THEN look for a manifold that will fit OR, call Hogan. :wink:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I was going to say the same thing Chuck but I wasn't sure how hardcore he was planning on going with his build. But if its going to be very radical, then I'd recommend an aftermarket block, billet crank with double keys as previously stated, gear drive, and a big budget. Also, if you don't have any parts yet then I would recommmend buying a complete kit, cheaper and easier than piecing it all together hoping that it will work. Depending on what cubic inch your motor is, you may want to consider a larger supercharger also. RBS Superchargers should be able to help you out. Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's a very good start

ths old car needs to be souped up a lttle bit

some old parts laying around [/img]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Cool, looks like a fun project. If your not going to get crazy, just a low boost build then I'd at least use a block with converted splayed 4 bolt caps, a forged crank, good rods/pistons. Also should use a cam designed for a supercharter, 112-114 lsa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts