1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can send you pics when I get home from work

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
BobM of here, and [email protected] had had a spacer kit available. All the headache taken out for you. It was a 2x2 box with proper spaced bolt holes, bolts etc.......

I don't know if he is still vending them or not, but I will tell you, it sure made life easy. I was a test guinee pig for 1 kit, the steel was just an eyelash thin. He upgraded, and they are great. Taper on the front spacer, makes it look factory stock.

Ride height with 5.0 springs and a big block really was about the same as stock...... I've since switched to morroso drag springs, so I've had to set my ride height the old fashion way. Stuff 3 foot of spring in the car, then guess how much I wanted to cut off and try again.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
these pics are from nmra forum under bbf discussion

The best advise I can give you is to use 1.5" spacer between the frame & K member, ya'll be glad you did. More hood room, motor sets streight, headers will not hit the bottom of car & motor will set more in line with the radiator. If you need some pics let me know?

mx671
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mx671
Find all posts by mx671
Add mx671 to Your Buddy List

#7 03-02-2007, 10:57 PM
mx671
Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Re: Eldebrock aluminum heads vs SCJ aluminum heads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please i do need them just started to put the headers on tonite and the #2 tube is gonna hit the firewall bad so i guess i got to cut more fire wall out.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Not marketing them, but still making them per request. Although I'm only doing them in billet aluminum currently. They are 1.5" tall by 2" wide.

Kim yours are 1.5" X 2" also. Thanks for the kudos btw 8)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
nuclearcobra said:
Please i do need them just started to put the headers on tonite and the #2 tube is gonna hit the firewall bad so i guess i got to cut more fire wall out.
It's not necessary to cut the firewall for Hooker header clearance. Beat it back with a hammer. Not a big deal. Sometimes it's necessary to trim the pass side rear K-member mount bracket also.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks i'l beat it back and trim that side first.So how much for the spacer kit? and i was wondering if you drop the k member that much do you still clear the steering arm?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
nuclearcobra said:
Thanks i'l beat it back and trim that side first.So how much for the spacer kit? and i was wondering if you drop the k member that much do you still clear the steering arm?
Most swap headers need minor tweeking at the steering shaft with or without the K-Spacers. There are ways to adjust the angles that the shaft comes through that area via shimming the column, and a steering shaft kit with small u-joints like the flaming river deal work really well. Email me at [email protected] for details.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
with BBBob's spacers...

With BBBob's spacers.

Torker II with no carb spacer.

I used Maximum Motorsports telescoping steering shaft, and tweeked the D&D midlength headers just a bit on one tube. Barely tapped it with a hammer. I also trimmed the back of my K'frame just a little bit on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
BBBob_M said:
Not marketing them, but still making them per request. Although I'm only doing them in billet aluminum currently. They are 1.5" tall by 2" wide.

Kim yours are 1.5" X 2" also. Thanks for the kudos btw 8)

perty!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts