460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping somebody has some trashed bigblock comp roller lifter that they would sell the link bars, so I can use my small block roller lifters.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You can't use smallbock solid roller lifters in a BBF. They are the same diameter, but the oil hole is in a different location. The BBF oil hole (that supplies oil to the pushrods and rocker arms) is parallel to the roller wheel axle. The sbf lifters have an oil hole that is 90 deg to the axle.

David Cole

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
David, that bees true BUT, it's common to use the 385 tie bars on SBF lifters when you have lottsa lift. Seems the Comp Cams SBF tie bars are a little short.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
If you wish to FLOOD the top end with oil and drain the pan capacity at higher RPM, (unless the lifter bores are bushed), I guess you could use the small block lifters and big block tie bars.

So, abeebitme, go ahead and use your small block lifters just remember to BUSH the lifter bores; Oh, this was about saving some money...? Your choice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small block roller lifters.

I didnt realize the roller lifter is differant. Flat tappet lifter are the same part number and I seen the link bar is a differant number. I already had the smallblock lifters like new just sitting. So even with a real mild roller,maybe a street roller that the lifter itself isnt interchangeable? Sound like the liin bar isnt the real problem. I am going to check my catalog again and see if it gives a number for just the lifter and i am going to look at the oil hole . Thanks alot for the wakeup,better safe than sorry. ED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts