460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys just relised my my engine plate will have to be moved/changed/modified to suit new combo because going to danny bee
I have seen some pics on the forum of close ups with danny bee and plates need to get some ideas please post or send pics

[email protected]

Cheers :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Re: Pics

Gasser said:
Chris I have D/L pics of your 665 is the 557 mounted the same way with the spacers ?? and no apparent issues

Steve
Steve, yes I have spacers on both. On the hemi, I ordered a nice set of spacers from Skinny Kid Race Cars. Here is a better pic.
[/URL][/img]

·
8,522 Posts

Notice the new billet ft covers have the detached water pump bosses . The plate can now has the option of being pulled back and installed without spacers for the bottom bolts .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Lem for that pic very interesting MMM

My problem is I will have to fab new mounts for the plate in the car and move oil lines if I set the plate back further

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd337/Gasser69/Chassis85.jpg

BUT that would give better access to the Danny Bee if I need to change settings

Thats why Im on here getting pics to work out what im going to do

FYI Chris thats why Lem put that pic up I ordered a new style Billet danny Bee of him 2 days ago :D :D :D

Steve

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mm

I see where your mind is at George

looking at the old v new the new style has O-Rings to seal it against the engine plate it should not be that hard to mill a sealing ring in the old style once its cut down

I am thinking to put spacers behind the engine plate mounts I allready have in the car and useing the flush mounting points on the new style danny bee of caurse that means fabing up a new engine plate but that NBD really

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
chris -topsports man... i absolutly love that intake setup...what kid of gains do you see with a custom sheet metal manifold like that?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
86 gtfoxx said:
chris -topsports man... i absolutly love that intake setup...what kid of gains do you see with a custom sheet metal manifold like that?
Well considering my only other choice was to make spacers for Mr. Carter's 10.3" deck cast single 4 intake & he said it would be at least 100 hp loss on a 665. It just wasn't big enough for 665 ci. I don't know what the difference would be between a cast tunnel ram & a sheet metal deal. Mabe some of the engine builders could chime in on that one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys I still need some more pics so I can see how pullys, altinators,waterpumps and engine plates are being done I know you guys love showing of your "motors" so get emmm out and show me please

Steve

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
The bolts are just some local hardware store black oxide capscews. The beltdrive allows you to make easy cam timing adjusments, less harmonics, allow for differences in cam and crank bore distances and some bling 8)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
richter69 said:
The bolts are just some local hardware store black oxide capscews. The beltdrive allows you to make easy cam timing adjusments, less harmonics, allow for differences in cam and crank bore distances and some bling 8)
If you ever use one, you won't go back to a timing chain. :D

·
8,522 Posts
bruno said:
Jon what intake bolt setup do you use on your intake ?? and what is the advantage of the danny Bee setup ---- is it just cam timing ??
When Blake had his engine on the dyno....he used the Bee Drive to move the the cam timing 2*........+11 HP :shock:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts