460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with a torque converter and would like some input. Motor is in a mud truck 521 ci with cam specs of 762 lift Duration @.50 268-278, lobe sep at 110. Im running a C6 with a transfer case gear of 196-1 and rear end ratio is 6.72-1. Im running 52" tires. Im not using the truck for racing just going mud bogging. I want to be able to hit the gas and have full power to the ground. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
with that cam and displacement id say a 3500-4000 rpm stall would probably be a good choice, but call a converter company and give them your setup specs and theyll give you a recommendation better than i could

·
Registered
787 Posts
mine is a 521 with a similar cam and i have a converter that flashes 4800 on a roll.no dead spot but mine is a full size bronco with 4.88's and 35" tires,so not exactly apples to apples.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I'd be real careful with convertor selection on something like that, talk to a good convertor place like Coan, TCS, Dynamic, etc.

Explain that it's for a BOG...not a mud race...there is going to be a ton of load on the convertor for a longer period of time. My guess is they'll want to put something a little tighter then normal in there, especially with the big tires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot. I was thinking that I might need a tighter converter because of the type of driving. I dont need to lauch so a lose converter might not work. I will have to give them a call.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts