460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I need a cheap used 8MM GT tooth profile belt for set-up purposes while I scratch-build a blower mount for my Paxton Novi to fit my 460. I'd prefer a longer belt, as this one will go from a large crank pulley to the blower mounted off the D.S. cylinder head. I don't mind if it is frayed/worn/whatever, as long as it will be usable for me to check alignment and tooth count. I'm in Maine, area code 04530, and I'd be happy to send funds to cover the belt and shipping first, before you send it out.
Let me know what you might have...
THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
A suggestion for aligning the pulleys: Use a C clamp to fasten a straight edge to the crank pulley and line up the blower pulley with it. Then, use a tape measure around the pulleys to determine the needed belt length. NOW, start juggling things around till you get a length measurement that matches AVAILABLE belt lengths. NOT all lengths are made/available.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chuck
I appreciate the blower belt tips! I get paid to do machinery alignment, so I'm good with the straightedge trick. As far as the belt length measurement goes, I am hoping to use a belt to get the actual number of teeth AND to check for any possible interferences in the belt path, as well as figuring where to put the idler. Your tip about making sure the blower bracket will work with an available belt is a very good one, and I wouldn't have known to look out for that except I was warned in another thread by ByronRace.

So, who's got any old belts???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chuck, I could use a belt up to 3.5 inches wide, or even a wider one which I could narrow up at work on the bandsaw (horror!)
Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts