460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this 460 big-block and I saw this video floating around youtube of someone putting an mt-82(15-20 mustang transmission) behind a 7.3 Godzilla and was trying to see if it would also work behind the 460 of course the transmission will be getting fully built so it can handle the power. much thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Doesn’t the MT-82 use an integrated bellhousing? If yes good luck mating it to a 385 series. I believe the Godzilla uses the same modular bellhousing pattern like a Coyote.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the 6R80 has the same pattern. There’s adapter kits made to bolt them to the 460.
It was a good thread about that, a while back on this forum. You might find some good information there.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
506 Posts
I was thinking the same on the adapter, but I couldn't remember who it was that made the kit... I think I remember seeing someone on YouTube that was advertising a kit for a 460 to a AOD tranny, which I think that may get the bellhousing adapter and a spacer for the torque converter... But agreed, that thread has a lotta good information...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have this 460 big-block and I saw this video floating around youtube of someone putting an mt-82(15-20 mustang transmission) behind a 7.3 Godzilla and was trying to see if it would also work behind the 460 of course the transmission will be getting fully built so it can handle the power. much thanks
You’re stepping over dollars to pick up dimes!! If you’d need to rebuild the MT-82 anyways just get off you’re wallet and buy a magnum and a QuickTime bellhousing. Is it cheap, NOPE!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts