460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 95 fuel injected 460 in our motorhome and it started sputtering so changed the fuel filter, plugs, wires egr valve distributor cap, vacuum solenoid, changed oil and even the trans fluid and filter. Still bogging down and won't do over 40mph. Even put seafoam in the tank. Fuel pump is also new, put in less than a year ago. I'm running out of ideas. Would the catalytic converter cause this? Do I cut it off and streight pipe it? Really in a pinch and stuck in Texas at a little RV park off the interstate.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It does sound like the cat.One I had..a chunk of the stuff inside broke off and stuck in the outlet.I just cut a flap and gutted it and welded it back up.Way easier than trying to fit a pipe in there.I don't suppose you have the tools for this but it's all I have...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does sound like the cat.One I had..a chunk of the stuff inside broke off and stuck in the outlet.I just cut a flap and gutted it and welded it back up.Way easier than trying to fit a pipe in there.I don't suppose you have the tools for this but it's all I have...
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that next and give you an update if that works or not.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Couple more things to look for on the cat....when mine was plugged,the exhaust pipe leading to the cat showed obvious signs of being hot.The tail pipe sound when running was like it had COPD if you know what I mean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts