3,225 Posts
nuclearcobra said:
wow had those collectors glowing.
:shock: Yep and a lot of flame going out the collectors too. :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
moreeb dunes

That is very cool. There is a lot of racing there. The Moreeb Dune ("Scary Mountain") is located inside the Liwa desert, at a distance of 260km from Abu Dhabi. It is one of the largest dunes in the world at 300m height, 1600m width and an incline of 50 degrees. Tres...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Cool video! Glowing Collectors, Header Flames and a cool type of racing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I saw that one on Yellow-bullet. I guess it's a Fulton 630 something on 3-4 stages of nos.

Pretty crazy to do a 1/4 mile, up hill, in the sand, in 10.2 seconds. :shock:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: moreeb dunes

falcon8r said:
That is very cool. There is a lot of racing there. The Moreeb Dune ("Scary Mountain") is located inside the Liwa desert, at a distance of 260km from Abu Dhabi. It is one of the largest dunes in the world at 300m height, 1600m width and an incline of 50 degrees. Tres...
Nice research. I was over there on business back in '96; they definitely like cars - it was about the only common ground we could find outside of business -- lot's of bench racing. Only airport I've been to with cars in the duty free shopping area and that was when light crude oil was about $20 a barrel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yep

Matter of fact I just got back from Dubai about 30 minutes ago. Off road and rally racing are very popular in the United Arab Emirates.
There are also a lot of Mercedes and Beemers stop light racing on the road.
A lot of rich Arab kids as well as European Expats.

James

1 - 17 of 17 Posts