460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share one of the pics of our new 2010 Mustang. We are planning on testing in about 1 month. A lot of thanks goes out to all the guys at Jerry Haas Race Cars! Also, thanks to Brian Wolfe and Jesse Kershaw for all the help! I am now going to start the paint, then plumb it and wire it!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
it would sure look good in routonda red/ ford blue,,MOTORCRAFT FORD,LOL

VERY NICE,look forward to seeing it run

-rich

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
:cool: deal, keep us updated and Video's if possible.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's the scoop on the New Improved IHRA pro stock program???

Will you even have a place to race?

dkp

Well the scoop on the New and well I won't say improved IHRA deal is simple. They are working on putting on a "Show". Competitive Drag Racing or Professional Sanctioning Body are not titles they care about any longer. I have made my position clear, as has pretty much ever last Pro Stock racer, also Top Fuel and Pro Mod on the situation. They originally wanted to hire us in to do exibition runs..... Same with Top Fuel. They want a Champion everynight (Friday and Saturday) because they say the fan doesn't have that kind of attention span and doesn't care about the racing.

Long story short.... IHRA didn't die it is just committing suicide! Most of the people at IHRA are Awesome! It is the leadership/ownership that is doing this!

Keep an eye out.... a BIG eye for the AHRA return! Trust me! I think in a year or so you will see some pretty cool stuff happen!

As for having a place to race next year, there are several options. Some of the guys want to form an association, some of us don't, simply because AHRA and ADRL will be there along with NMCA for filler. I spoke with Ken Knowling on Friday and everything looks to be tip top shape for ADRL, and Ford is supporting them this season, so therefore I will too! AHRA is looking like if all goes well to be the future for 1/4 mile drag racing!

·
Registered
385 Posts
AHRA is coming to Canada next year at a former IHRA track

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gary,
Don't worry about the tracks... they are coming! ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't know how this happened but I was responding to another thread and this is where my post landed???????

Good deal!

I race the 6.0 index at our local track and had a good year, been killer on the .400 pro tree. I went to a new track this weekend and could not do anything the on the tree. I drew a 69 Nova in the 1st round and he was running nitrous just to run the class. I redlighted!!!! Not a good day for me!

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Well the scoop on the New and well I won't say improved IHRA deal is simple. They are working on putting on a "Show". Competitive Drag Racing or Professional Sanctioning Body are not titles they care about any longer. I have made my position clear, as has pretty much ever last Pro Stock racer, also Top Fuel and Pro Mod on the situation. They originally wanted to hire us in to do exibition runs..... Same with Top Fuel. They want a Champion everynight (Friday and Saturday) because they say the fan doesn't have that kind of attention span and doesn't care about the racing.

Long story short.... IHRA didn't die it is just committing suicide! Most of the people at IHRA are Awesome! It is the leadership/ownership that is doing this!

Keep an eye out.... a BIG eye for the AHRA return! Trust me! I think in a year or so you will see some pretty cool stuff happen!

As for having a place to race next year, there are several options. Some of the guys want to form an association, some of us don't, simply because AHRA and ADRL will be there along with NMCA for filler. I spoke with Ken Knowling on Friday and everything looks to be tip top shape for ADRL, and Ford is supporting them this season, so therefore I will too! AHRA is looking like if all goes well to be the future for 1/4 mile drag racing!
IMO, IHRA started going down hill when Bill Bader stepped down.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Gary,
Don't worry about the tracks... they are coming! ;)
I figured that a bunch of the IHRA tracks would switch, maybe a few smaller NHRA tracks.
Of course, I dont think there's an IHRA track within 1000 miles of me.. LOL

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cayuga

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Cool. When I was 3 to 5 years old we lived about a mile from the Cayuga drag strip. I still remember swinging on my swing hearing the engines roar!! I have yet to go to it though.

Gonna have to get there next summer!!

Bill

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cool. When I was 3 to 5 years old we lived about a mile from the Cayuga drag strip. I still remember swinging on my swing hearing the engines roar!! I have yet to go to it though.

Gonna have to get there next summer!!

Bill
Bill you will have to make it there next summer. feet first and i will be there for a few events

Larry

·
Registered
119 Posts
The guy to the left in the black apron is my good friend John DeFlorian (Jerry Haas's foreman) he is a stand up guy and is a Ford guy thru and thru. Although he has a pro mod Corvette!!!!
I live about 4 blocks away from Haas's shop.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts