460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Since I did not get to build the 460 for my Capri, I am getting redy to build one for my 67 Fairlane. I have been cruising the 460 HP chart in this fourm (Great piece of work by-the-way) But I have questions since I have been a SBF man so far and am onthe learning curve for 460's. I want my build to produce around 600HP (for the street of course). The build sheet on the site suggests ingredients to produce this horsepower, but I have some specific questions. I understand I can use a stock crank. After looking at rods can someone help with the specific Scat (or Probe) part number for the correct H-beam forged rod. Also the same for a forged piston and associated rings. The build also says "TFS street heads". There are a number of TFS heads. Which ones? I am going to get a solid roller cam with a lift around .643/643. Thanks for your help and ideas.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Ok. Since I did not get to build the 460 for my Capri, I am getting redy to build one for my 67 Fairlane. I have been cruising the 460 HP chart in this fourm (Great piece of work by-the-way) But I have questions since I have been a SBF man so far and am onthe learning curve for 460's. I want my build to produce around 600HP (for the street of course). The build sheet on the site suggests ingredients to produce this horsepower, but I have some specific questions. I understand I can use a stock crank. After looking at rods can someone help with the specific Scat (or Probe) part number for the correct H-beam forged rod. Also the same for a forged piston and associated rings. The build also says "TFS street heads". There are a number of TFS heads. Which ones? I am going to get a solid roller cam with a lift around .643/643. Thanks for your help and ideas.
There are a lot of ways to make power with these engines. That chart is just one person's generic formula of how they might do it without knowing the specific application. In my opinion, you'd be better off taking advise (and buying your parts) from somebody who builds these engines all the time. There are several of us on this board.

If you're not concerned with cost, the TFS will work, but you could build an SCJ headed stroker for the same money as a TFS headed 460. And a roller cam is certainly not required for that power level (another place to save a few $$$)

:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts