460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I finally got a good reason to be a member now. I was wanting to get some ideas on my 460 build. I am doing a 504 or a 506, can't quiet rember what it comes out too. Anyway.......

JE pistons
Eagle rods
SCJ 4.1 crankshaft
Trick Flow A460 race heads
Quick fuel 1050 dominator
Trick flow A460 intake
Haven't figured the cam yet but we are going to run it on e-85 with up to a 11:1 compression. Wanting to get to low tens possibly high 9's with a weight about 3350lbs with me in it. Any ideas??????

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where at in TN? I agree with your sig, this pissy mod motor ain't cuttin the mustard anymore. Sounds like a tough motor you're doing up. What do you plan to do with the brakes and steering setup? I was thinking of making a bracket that mounts the PS pump and the resevoir on the motor plate and using my hydroboost instead of switching over to a manual rack/brakes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in clarksville. I havent decide yet on that stuff. I know I am getting my k-member worked on to make the swap as pain less as possible.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
TennesseeBullitt said:
Why do you say that? Is it because of the air flow or the size of the heads?
because the valves need the bigger bore to clear ...........actually what is the "smallest" bore on the A-460 heads?

i have trouble with my 501 CI with bluethunders..........valves are hitting the bore, but only on the one half of the block..............4.390 bore :?

i guess if you add up the valves diameters......2.25 + 1.72 = 4.397 :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Valve shrouding.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In order for this engine to be a 504 cubic inch with a 4.1 stroke it has to have atleast a 4.4 bore. I will double check on it. Theanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
TennesseeBullitt said:
In order for this engine to be a 504 cubic inch with a 4.1 stroke it has to have atleast a 4.4 bore. I will double check on it. Theanks for the heads-up.
Std bore (4.360) x 4.150 crank = 496

080 bore (4.440) x 4.150 crank= 514

If your running an A-Head w/ 2.300 0r 2.400 intake you will want to run a min 4.440 bore.

·
8,521 Posts
Using a very large intake in the smaller bores will hurt the flow but , the big issue with the smaller bore is on the exhaust side . It should not be an issue with the new tfs head's 1.88" valves here's what happens with a 1.94" exh valve in a 4.390" bore .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts