460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone comment on the new BBF heads from Air Flow Research. I read an article in Sept. 2014 Car Craft and these babies flow 392 CFM at .600 lift on intake and 272 CFM on the exhaust. Instead of designing a new head that work with all existing manifolds AFR designed a new manifold to work with these new heads. Heads are pricy at $2,000 but it looks like they will blow BBC heads out of the water. The 270 CC heads should support 750-775 HP and if it wont they will be available in 280CC and 305CC. Car Craft plans a dyno test in Oct. issue. If someone has already got a set let all know. Thanks

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
The heads haven't been released yet. Rumor has it, there's a mega-mondo dyno throwdown that's going to be happening soon with all the major competitors involved, and the heads will be released shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Those are different heads, the ones in the Op are aluminum TFS, the ones on line are Eliminator Products Iron heads supposedly to be available in aluminum. haven't heard anything about the iron heads from anyone except from Barnett. Wish I had the money to get a set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts