460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm kinda new to the site, and I heard this is one of the best Big Block Ford sites on the web. After much debate I'm planning on building a 521' motor, but need some info on the build by some season vets. I've done some homework on the Big Block Ford, but I'm still a novice when it comes to the engine. Any info and input would help alot. The car is a race only 88' LX. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do know most of the folks here will need more info to answer your questions;

What is your goal, Horsepower or speed wise?
What transmission do you intend to run as your T5 will likely not make it long
How much are you willing to spend? Budget?
Inteded use, All race, Some street, mostly Street and some race?
Vehicle Weight?
Power adder?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HP goal? , Bracket car? Heads up? Budget?
The HP goal is 700, It's going to be a bracket only car. I'm not sure about the budget 'cause I have other expenses that have to be taken care of, when I have some extra cash I was going to buy parts, It might take a long time but that's ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do know most of the folks here will need more info to answer your questions;

What is your goal, Horsepower or speed wise?
What transmission do you intend to run as your T5 will likely not make it long
How much are you willing to spend? Budget?
Inteded use, All race, Some street, mostly Street and some race?
Vehicle Weight?
Power adder?
I plan on running an Automatic, maybe a C4, Mid-Low 10's is my goal ET. I will be buying parts when I have extra cash, I don't have a set budget. It's going to be a race only bracket car. Right now the car weighs 3225lb w/ me in it. No power adder. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
13.5:1 compression with P-51's , Victor intake , QFT 1250 dominator , 2 1/8 primary headers , and a big nasty roller cam ! A Performance Auto C-4 combo with stall matched to your cam . :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts