460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a little while and thought I'd make an Intro !!!

I have an 85 LX Vert that I purchased 2 years ago with 24,000 miles !!!
It started as a 3.8 auto, I changed to a 308 with an AOD and actually drove the car for almost 6 months before realizing that I wanted to go a lot Faster !!! LOL
I sold the 308 and AOD and purchased a 351W and had planned on building a 427 backed by a C-4, But a Good Friend of mine somehow convinced me to do a BBF and I was sold ... The plan is a 545 backed by a C-6, I have already installed an 8 point, and frame ties, I have and still need to install the UPR K-member, control arms, Coil overs, Rear Upper and Lowers, Drag springs, Manual Rack, And Fuel System...
The car will be a Street/Strip car, so I'm not going for an all out drag motor... I looking to make a low 10 sec all motor car, And still be able to take the Wife/Kids to Cruise Ins, Shows, Etc...

Here are a couple pics !!!
BTW the the drivers door moulding has been painted LOL

My Polished 10 Holes !!! LOL

And some of it's current condition !!!

Tons of Great info on here !!!

Thanks, Aaron

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Welcome aboard. I have a few ugly sets of those 10 hole wheels. What was the process you used to polish them. I think they are clear powdercoated from the factory. Or maybe just clear paint. I don't know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome and what is a 308?
40 over 302

Welcome aboard. I have a few ugly sets of those 10 hole wheels. What was the process you used to polish them. I think they are clear powdercoated from the factory. Or maybe just clear paint. I don't know.
They are factory Clear Coated, I just used Aircraft stripper to remove it and then started with 0 steel wool and ended up with 000... And then used Mothers, It took 4 hours to do 1 wheel !!! So I went the easy route and had a friend that owns a polising business do them for me ... LOL

Another 4 eyed vert :) WITH polished 10-holes too...
Clean ride!
Thanks !!! Any pics of yours ???

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
"I said LOW 10's not Low 8's !!! " Where's your Ball's Boy! Welcome I've got 88lx w/347 4:11, 5 speed much fun. Gotta get ride of those 4 lugers though.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you will never get a vert down to 2900 #,s expecially with a bbf
never is a very negative word Mr. Penn ........ dont ever say never ;)
Mine weighed 3195 with 1/4 tank of gas, you could get it pretty close.
The car with the small block, AOD, A/C and everything that came from the factory ( Spare, Jack, Lug wrench, Etc. ) only weighed 2920, So I think 2900 is very possible !!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts