460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is tom. i am strating with a dive good block steel crank foot ball rods and flat top pistons. the heads are new procomps .the trans a c6 worked with a trans brake no stall yet?. and no cam&lifters . some help with cam & lifters and stall would be great. i may go with a big storker kit . thanks tom :lol: :twisted: THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Tom ,

Give us some more info, What hp at what rpm and application, drag, street , weight of car, ect.

Your hp and rpm you want to run will dictate what parts you need to meet those goals.

Your at the right place for info.............. :wink:

Blake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
01 BUILDUP

OK MORE STREET THAN DRAG CAR WEIGHT IS 3375LB WITH MOTOR TRANS AND DRIVER . I WOULD LIKE TO RUN LOW 11 IN THE 1/4 MILE ON MOTOR . THANKS TOM :twisted:

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
A STEEL crank with "football" rods must be a 429. You still haven't said how big your engine will actually be or it's compression ratio however, at around 10.5/1 I would use a solid lifter flat tappet camshaft in your instance.
A #416A2LUN Lunati camshaft with about 3200 stall speed convertor and right around a 3.7/1 rear gear should get you in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts