460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished Installing some new Strange Brakes on my 84 GT. Kit was nice have everything but the hoses. Still need to tighten everything up but the installation was very smooth.

Thanks to Scott (The Mad Porter) for helping out !!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
looks familiar lol. Something to watch for is those "black" pads that come with them will overheat and warp the rotors, did this very thing trying to slow down my 3100# car from 138 mph on the 2nd run on them. I had to toss them and get a set of the "tan" pads, turn the rotors, all is good now even after 15 runs.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the tan ones the Organic pads? I have the black ones on the back and haven't noticed a problem.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I just swapped those on last fall also. Stops great now compared to the stockers. I haven't had a brake problem yet either.

Brenden

·
Registered
561 Posts
Rotor Warp

One tric I have learned is to torque each lug nut to 100lb .

What happens is after a month of breaking they loose thier shape.

Since ive been torquing all my vehicles to the 100lb no problems.

Gregg

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nice setup !! If you don't mind me asking how much was the kit ? I keep putting off getting a new brake system but I will need to do it before the car is finished .

Lew

·
Registered
524 Posts
Doug I don't remember the exact number but I think it was around 17 lbs. I really like the Strange brakes. I'm going to go with them on the back also.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I run the black ones on the rear, two years now with no issues. I hit Mike Duffy up about it and he said that he sees this a lot with the black ones on the front, I dunno. He just gave me a set of the tan ones and I turned the rotors and they have been good since.

The other benefit is there is hardly and drag with them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Brenden said:
Doug I don't remember the exact number but I think it was around 17 lbs. I really like the Strange brakes. I'm going to go with them on the back also.
That sounds about right. We put Aerospace brakes on the Thunderbird last winter and lost about that much. The rear was a dramatic difference because we had the drum brakes back there. All together we dropped 225 lbs off the car with the new brakes, Meziere pump, and Holeshot wheels.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts