460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the middle of my build as I'm typing this. Thought I would share my experience so far.

Motor

472CI dove block
dual 750 DP holley carbs
8-71 BDS blower 11% under drive, 6 pounds of boost
D3VE heads (ported)
scorpion roller rockers (1.73)
comp cams springs (926-16)
cam - 218-228 @.050, .471 lift both intake and exhaust 114 lobe sep
Scat H beam rods
Stock crank (dual key way cut on snout)
Probe forged dished pistons
full ARP bolt kit
high volume oil pump
MSD ignition
hooker 6126 headers
2500 hughes converter
3.50 gears

Going into a 1970 lincoln continental. Should be fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing some porting. This is my 3 set of ford BB heads I've done, with help of the mad porters site. The first 2 sets were D0VE's and this set is D3VE. I'm using the D3's for the bigger combustion chamber for this blower. My buddy close by has a flow bench at their shop I'm going to this weekend to see where I stand.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also installed a ride tech air ride kit. There wasn't a "bolt in" kit so I had to do a lot of fabrication to the front control arms and rear 4 link. It's in now and goes up and down with ease so I'm happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way, the car was painted that way.

Short block almost complete. I've only built a half dozen or some V8's so I'm pretty slow at this process. I'll tell you now it's a long process to check and confirm bearing clearances. I used 2 methods, one was a inside micrometer and the other was the classic plastigauge. I know it's a bit over kill to do both and to do it on all journals but it would bug me to leave one or some out.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Like your build but you are posting in an archive section of the forum. Might want to post this in a section that gets more traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts