460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Geeez...you are acting like NASCRAP is racing. It's closer to a soap opera with automobiles. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
BTW, that head looks like they took the truck Toyota head, yates, and P7 Mopar with a hint of LS series technology and put them all in one single design.

Brian

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I've been a pretty big fan of Nascar in the past, but I'm watching fewer and fewer races these days. They've taken all the personality out of the drivers so they're pretty much all the same, next all the cars are going to be the same, what's going to come after that? A common engine? A common track?

I don't understand the need to homogenize and standardize everything. I saw Kyle petty making some comments to that effect last night before the race (which I didn't watch because I had to choose between Nascar and the UFC).

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
To me, NASCAR looks alot like IROC with more decals. Pretty soon the teams will be able to close their shops and sell their haulers to drag racers........Then they can just show up at the track, draw a car from the NASCAR motor pool, slap on their decals and "race". :roll:

·
Registered
967 Posts
what in zeuses rectum is that...!my money is it will wind up in gm production engines in 3-5 yrs.wonder what fomoco has up their ***..... i mean sleeve.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
torino501 said:
what in zeuses rectum is that...!my money is it will wind up in gm production engines in 3-5 yrs.wonder what fomoco has up their ***..... i mean sleeve.
For production, nada. They gave up pushrods a while back.

·
Registered
545 Posts
moparman said:
Besides, if that motor does indeed make more power, then they'll just increase the restrictions on the car. Who cares. It's like bracket racing. Boring.
Hey - I like bracket racing. NASCAR is fun to watch, if it's like the 1974 Daytona 500.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
What is unclear to me and I've never heard a good answer to the question is why Nascar allows heads like this to even be considered. In my opinion they should make all of the teams switch to a valve in line head with around a 20 degree valve inclination and a max intake valve size of 2.02.

They complain that the cars are getting too fast on many tracks, no kidding. But the question is, Ford has not offered a canted valve cylinder head on a production small block since about 1980 and Chevrolet, or Mopar NEVER had such a thing, why should the race cars?

Dumb.....

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I was going to post, but Dave beat me to it. Very well said.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What I don't understand is all the money they put into the engine design and find every little bit of power and then Asscar puts restrictor plates on them? I under stand its for safety on some tracks but you'd think that would be a better way.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've said it once and I'll say it again.....

Hello, NASCAR?

Do this and you can't lose:

1. Stock based floor pans
2. Basically stock sheetmetal (Bad aero? complain to your manufacturer, maybe next year will be better)
3. 4.6-4.8L engine (Dodge, Ford, GM and Toymota all have these)
4. STOCK BLOCK (aluminum OK, see #6)
5. overhead cams OK
6. spec the front to rear weight bias
7. Front engine/rear drive (duh)

optional items:
8. Switch vehicle platforms to 2 door 'performance' vehicles (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Solara)
9. EFI
10. Forget the COT like it was an ugly chick you picked up at the bar after too many tequila's.

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, but do enjoy watching a race now and again. Methinks they are definately headed down the wrong road with the COT.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Isn't this what Trans AM racing was until recently?

BigBlockRanger said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again.....

Hello, NASCAR?

Do this and you can't lose:

1. Stock based floor pans
2. Basically stock sheetmetal (Bad aero? complain to your manufacturer, maybe next year will be better)
3. 4.6-4.8L engine (Dodge, Ford, GM and Toymota all have these)
4. STOCK BLOCK (aluminum OK, see #6)
5. overhead cams OK
6. spec the front to rear weight bias
7. Front engine/rear drive (duh)

optional items:
8. Switch vehicle platforms to 2 door 'performance' vehicles (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Solara)
9. EFI
10. Forget the COT like it was an ugly chick you picked up at the bar after too many tequila's.

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan, but do enjoy watching a race now and again. Methinks they are definately headed down the wrong road with the COT.

·
Registered
248 Posts
uf63 said:
What I don't understand is all the money they put into the engine design and find every little bit of power and then Asscar puts restrictor plates on them? I under stand its for safety on some tracks but you'd think that would be a better way.
All the other cars run 50 to 75 mph faster on all the nascar tracks and seem not to die ,why is it so unsafe for a giant roll cage to go that fast and a go cart with no top can go faster safer?
They pretty much lost me when they stopped using actuall cars.
People still believe they use factory engine parts :lol:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Race them on sunday and sell them on monday at the dealership that is.
I don't like all the rules and chevy can have this ford can't have that bs.

Just my take on it.

Kyle

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think a car & it's driver should be able to turn both ways, and should be able to slow down before going into a corner if necessary.

I don't understand going around and around in a circle until someone gets dizzy and crashes.

Ken F

1 - 20 of 32 Posts