460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some opinions. What do you guys think of The Corrals new mixed breed/ls1 forum. I for one do not like it, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
not all of them...............
Thats in any case, there are always exceptions to the rule.

But typically speaking the LS1 is a hell of a platform for big cubic inch SB and simple and reasonable.

The crossbreeding of the Mustang which is probably the most reasonable/simplest body out there combined with the LS1 platform is a killer deal. It's so popular because it is simple and the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just cause everyones doin' it don't make it right.

Why pussy around with an LS1 when you could do a 460 in a foxbody? I'm doing that right now and I have hardly any money into my project.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
And no one fears a SBF on a 300ft pull track either.

You can hate on the Chevy stuff all you want but the LS1 platform is just simply better than what the SBF presently is.
is it any coincidence that an LS1 has most of the features a SBF does?

Pretty easy to build a better mouse trap when you use all the best ideas from someone else.

but thats America!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Just cause everyones doin' it don't make it right.

Why pussy around with an LS1 when you could do a 460 in a foxbody? I'm doing that right now and I have hardly any money into my project.
Not going to get ito a pissing match.

But it's prolly not apples/oranges.The fox body combined with the all alum LS1 makes it a great liteweight platform at at a cost/ hp as resonable as your iron headed 460.

As far as what makes it right ?....what makes it wrong????

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are alot of people that are simply into racing and modifing and don't care about brands.I for one am not one of these people.I think brand loyalty stands for itself.I have always been loyal to ford and probably always will be. I would bet there are several sbf's out there that aren't skeerd of much of anything.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
There are alot of people that are simply into racing and modifing and don't care about brands.I for one am not one of these people.I think brand loyalty stands for itself.I have always been loyal to ford and probably always will be. I would bet there are several sbf's out there that aren't skeerd of much of anything.
Yup half the guys on here use a glide behind their ford power plant and any Chevy guy running a gm rear and not a nine inch is almost an extinct.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Why would anyone put an LS1(great engine btw) into a mustang when you can get a camaro that already has one in it??? As to the comment on the LS1 being so much like the SBF, not to throw gas on a fire, but why did it take GM to improve on it when Ford's had the basic motor for such a long time?? Albeit crap heads and a block that can't handle much power, but still. Give credit where credit is due and don't show such ignorance to a good motor. You don't have to like it, but don't be stupid ignorant about it is all I'm saying...

Here's an example of a fast N/A LS powered camaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y6ZgKte3PY

Let the trash talking continue...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Why would anyone put an LS1(great engine btw) into a mustang when you can get a camaro that already has one in it??? As to the comment on the LS1 being so much like the SBF, not to throw gas on a fire, but why did it take GM to improve on it when Ford's had the basic motor for such a long time?? Albeit crap heads and a block that can't handle much power, but still. Give credit where credit is due and don't show such ignorance to a good motor. You don't have to like it, but don't be stupid ignorant about it is all I'm saying...

Basically because fox bodys are a dime a dozen there like the SBC of car bodies. They fact is there a great platform and have plenty of aftermarket support also.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not going to get ito a pissing match.

But it's prolly not apples/oranges.The fox body combined with the all alum LS1 makes it a great liteweight platform at at a cost/ hp as resonable as your iron headed 460.

As far as what makes it right ?....what makes it wrong????
I absolutely hate it when Chevy guys put Chevy motors in Ford cars, and get pissed when a Ford guy puts a Ford motor in a Chevy car, its a 1 way street and it always has been. Ive worked on tons of GM vehicles and currently own one, but i absolutely hate the blinded bias of most GM owners. A Ford with a Chevy motor in it is an abomination that every GM guy justifies as "more reliable" or "cheaper" or just simply a "better motor". Its absolute horse ****, and I have to hear it all the time. Ford motors have never cost me any more to go the same speed or faster, in fact sometimes I have spent less, especially on my old 87' GT mustang which was a great car with a great drivetrain from the factory. I'm pretty Ford biased, which im sure you could tell :).

I do like the LS motor, its an excellent design, but keep it in a GM platform.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Now blaster I typically enjoy your posts despite what other people one here may think. But I have to disagree with you on the LS1 being a chevy platform. Its much much more like the sbf than any sbc out there. In fact didnt jack rousch design the fricking thing? I mean there was a thread on here last year about someone bolting on stock ls1 heads on a stock 351 w block and just about everythin lined up. Granted he had to make a fabbed intake and cam, but that too me is saying something. But i agree that the ls series engine is a much better platform than the sbf. Although with all the technology out there the sbf can equal and surpass the ls1 given the proper budget.
And no one fears a SBF on a 300ft pull track either.

You can hate on the Chevy stuff all you want but the LS1 platform is just simply better than what the SBF presently is.

·
Registered
728 Posts

Gotta remember that at the time the LT1 and early LS came out Ford had the modular motor program well underway. I personally am no huge fan of the mod motors but ive seen many a taxi cab or fleet truck with over 300K on the odometer, Ford had to have done something right. I know most of us prefer good ole' pushrod motors but overhead cams are more efficient, i just wish they didn't take up so much space

1 - 20 of 30 Posts