460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok just an update on the home made tool idea that was up earlier.

I am really tired of worrying about my old engine stand collapsing under the weight of my fully dressed 460 so I built my own.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sweet, that sucker is rugged. The only thing i might change is going with 4 casters. I almost dropped my engine on a tripod, but it was flimsy compared to yours. Good job :cool::cool:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
That thing looks like it would hold a Caterpillar or a Cummins!!

Very nice. Go big or go home, right?? Must be a Big Block guy.:p

Bill

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sweet, that sucker is rugged. The only thing i might change is going with 4 casters. I almost dropped my engine on a tripod, but it was flimsy compared to yours. Good job :cool::cool:
Agreed. It looks mighty strong & stout - but that doesn't prevent it from being tippy.

I know you're done with it but...... I'd redo the front to a spread 4-wheel style too. I also nearly tipped over a bb engine. If you are wrenching, reffing, torquing on it or simply rolling it along the floor and hit a crack, it WILL tip! Especially when you've got more than just the short block assembly on it.

I'd hate to hear about it falling & cracking a head or the block or your foot!

Good Luck!
StickBBF :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Engine Stand

Ok just an update on the home made tool idea that was up earlier.

I am really tired of worrying about my old engine stand collapsing under the weight of my fully dressed 460 so I built my own.

Looks rugged enough. I built mine as a 4 caster and used an old timing chain and gears to add a rotation at 1/2 speed. I used a similar block bearing for the turning head. It works great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mobile workshop for repairing truck, tractor and tank engines in Arctic field conditions
We are a family of four graduates of Bauman Moscow state technical University. We have been drilling wells for water since 1996. We made for their needs Mobile (ЗИЛ-130) workshop for repairing truck, tractor engines in field conditions:
On the images:
1. Hanging heavy Duty Motor-Rotor Repair Stand
2. Runout cranes (Retractable crane beam)
3. Drive for cold engine testing
I could remove the engine from the engine compartment and repair it in the workshop alone.
I am interested in your opinion about the usefulness of this workshop in a mechanized caravan for the development of uninhabited, remote, wild regions and in the Arctic.
Thanks for your attention.
Alexander Morozov, Moscow region

1 - 11 of 11 Posts