460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm slowly muddling why way through features of the site.

I've made it necessary to login in order to post..this is a common practice and ensures that nobody can post anonymously. This cuts down on antagonistic posts in my opinion.

I'va also allowed folks to remain logged in if they leave a session, should make life a bit easier.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Everything looks great so far.

Question:
Is the time set for GMT? The time stamp on each post is 6 hours different from me (Central Time).

David Cole

·
Premium Member
5,597 Posts
David Cole said:
Question:
Is the time set for GMT? The time stamp on each post is 6 hours different from me (Central Time).

David Cole
Dave, go into "Profile" (at tope of page and just to the right of the engine phoeo) and scroll down to "Timezone." I am in California and needed to select "GMT - 8 Hrs."

Paul

·
Registered
903 Posts
Real name

Something I've noticed from the members list. There are an awfull lot of folks that don't give their real name. I wonder why that is necessary? :?:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Gary -

Well, I'm guilty of this as well. No particular reason in my case, I just noticed way back when that people go by some kind of "handle" online. I have no way to verify a person's username, so if I were to sign up as John Holmes I could do so and it would have no more real meaning then chilly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
chilly said:
I just noticed way back when that people go by some kind of "handle" online.
Exactly. In my case this is the username I've used since 1999 in every web forum I participate in, and thus is recognizable. I thought about using my real name here but most guys who know me from other forums wouldn't have any clue who I was if I did that, lol.

Oh, and good work chilly! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fantasy worlds we share....

I think its about the fantasy of the internet. Maybe some guys like to take on a persona that is unlike thier real life? I have been Larry0071 for 12 years on the web, that is typically what I go by. In the effort of self promotion I have elected to start using names similar to my personal business interests. There are whole bunch of freaks/trolls that hide behind identities and basicly travel the forums and blogs just stirring pots until they get banned and then they move on tp the next prospect. I believe we saw at least 2 of these on the net54 forum....it happens everywhere.

Larry Musgrave

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
About damn time :lol: most every other forum I'm on uses this setup.

Also, I'm psquare75 everywhere.. so it carried over to here.

Any plans for a classified / wanted forum here?

G

·
I'm guilty of the name thing also. I've used gvos for several years which is just my first inital and the first part of my last name. No real reason, I just liked it. Oh and the site looks great Chilly, great job..

Glenn Vosburg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yep, me too.

I'm bulletpruf all over the net. If I suddenly changed to Scott Walters, no one would know who I was...

Chilly - I like the new format. No issues registering.

Scott

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I'm known as jbozzelle on a few boards for the last few years. I'm going to add my last name to my sig though.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Chilly, any particular reason you picked "John Holmes" as an example? Wishful thinking maybe? :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Other big subjects

Chilly, just wondering if you are considering other tech topic like:

Hemi (Boss 429, original and current racing engines)

Vintage (70 71 Torinos, 71 Mustang, 68 & up T-Birds, Lincolns)

Trucks

etc, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not hung like John Holmes.....

John Holmes is hung like me!!!

On to other topics...

I will not be breaking the forum up into too many topics, the mob has spoken and the concensus is that people like the cimplicity of a very few topics to address. If the forum wanders a bit, that's OK by me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts