1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH yea Daddy like to have one very much. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I wish we had a drooling smiley face guy because he would be appropriate right now. Oh, but wait- its a 9mm, that means it can't be worth a crap and is only good for plinking. :roll: I wonder why they would make a gun like this just for plinking?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
skosler said:
I wish we had a drooling smiley face guy because he would be appropriate right now. Oh, but wait- its a 9mm, that means it can't be worth a crap and is only good for plinking. :roll: I wonder why they would make a gun like this just for plinking?
Who says a 9mm is only good for plinking? Here's a real world test for you. Back about 20 years ago at work we got a hold of cockpit windshield that was being scraped from one of our GIII's. It was scratched and the customer wanted it replaced. This thing is about 2.5" thick and can take a bird strike and 600+mph. A bunch of us at work use to bring our guns in on a Saturday and go down the road and fire some rounds during lunch. We took this windshield with use and everyone took a shot at it, 357 mag, 45 auto, 44 mag, 22 mag and I had my 9mm VP70Z. Out of all those pistols my 9mm is the only one that penetrated all the way through :wink: .

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hey Doug, I was being facetious. It seems that many folks think it is not a worthy self-defense cartridge. I have 2 9mm and love em.

·
Registered
928 Posts
The fact is that 9mm is a great round and it is has been used by many armies as well as by many civilians with great effect for over 100 years. The trouble with 9mm is the bullets that are usually used by many people: The full metal jacketed round nosed bullet. These bullets feed well and they poke nice holes in things, however, they cannot transfer their kinetic energy effectively. Now, a hollow pointed bullet will transfer the bullets energy with far more efficiency than the full metal jacked bullet as the hollow point expands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts