460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all of you. I figure my first and best bet here is to introduce myself. My name is Stan and I hail from northeast Ohio. I am new to the BBF scene.
I am in the process of building a T roadster. Recently purchased a 1979 Ranger Lariat 4x4 drivetrain to install in it. It is a 460 with a C6 tranny and stock 9" rear end.
I figure it is my best bet to get into the circle that knows these beasts the best. Hope to learn alot and share alot here.

:cool: Stan
P.S. Although this isn't mine, It is exactly what I am building. After I get all my ducks in a row...I will start posting build pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Yea you dont want to build it like that one, it is a small block Chebbie

and Welcome

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Welcome Stan, Glad to have another Buckeye on board. Most of the people on here will lead you in the right direction.:);)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Stan,

Welcome to the site i live 5 minutes from Streetsboro,Ohio not to far away from you.There's a Ford race at Norwalk next weekend if you didn't already know.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
555 Posts
greetings!!!......got yourself a fine automobile!!...........A ford that IS POWERED by a fatblock ford is THE ONLY WAY!!!!.......AND WITH this great site and people................come happiness!!!!!!!!!!!.........Sorry I'm irish and i'm drunk.....i'm irish and I'm drunk......i'm drishish and i'm irunk.......:D:D:D....Hell....I'm happy for ya!!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome! great people, more info that that you can ever use.. Smasher we need more of that good Irish wisdom. You crack me up!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
greetings!!!......got yourself a fine automobile!!...........A ford that IS POWERED by a fatblock ford is THE ONLY WAY!!!!.......AND WITH this great site and people................come happiness!!!!!!!!!!!.........Sorry I'm irish and i'm drunk.....i'm irish and I'm drunk......i'm drishish and i'm irunk.......:D:D:D....Hell....I'm happy for ya!!!!

Yeah, what Smasher said!! Welcome:)

That will be a fun ride with a big ole Ford in that!!

Keep us posted

Bill

·
Registered
80 Posts
I lived in Lima most of my life, living in Northwest Georgia now.
Good to have you aboard.
Are you planning to make it 4X4, i know silly ? but it also sounded cool if you could
keep it low enough for "the look".
Also would be good for traction I guess.

Jay

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I lived in Lima most of my life, living in Northwest Georgia now.
Good to have you aboard.
Are you planning to make it 4X4, i know silly ? but it also sounded cool if you could
keep it low enough for "the look".
Also would be good for traction I guess.

Jay
If someone could help figure that one out, I would die to do that, it would be an engineering masterpiece. The main issue I would be running into is the front axle. But, it sure would help running all the hp from the 460 without the rear getting all squirrelly on me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts