460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Figured I'd post a quick intro for myself. My name is Crispin. I answer to Cris or Dick. I am a Marine stationed at Miramar in CA. Been in the Corps for over thirteen years now. I work on CH-46E helicopters. I just got back from six years on Okinawa where I gained a respect for those little turbo inline sixes they use in Skylines. I just bought my first Ford a few weeks ago. It is a stock 1972 Comet. Has the I6 200 with C-4 tranny. Car runs smooth but I bought it as a project. It's not my daily driver. My first step will be a stroked 302. I would like to move up to a 460 down the road. It's just that I am kind of short on cash right now and a friend has a 302 with heads that he wants to give me. Hard to pass up free. I plan to start building the 460 slowly as I can afford it. I am always on the lookout for parts though. One of my top items on the list right now is a drum to disc 5 lug conversion. I plan to do as much of the work as I can. Love to get my hands dirty. This will be my first real engine build. It will also be the first time I do this amount of work to the body of a car. I plan to tub it out and swap the rear end. When I do the 460 I will also have to drop in a Mustang II front end. Guess this short intro has gotten kind of long. I like the forum and look forward to the help I can get here. Happy Holidays to all.

·
Registered
456 Posts
powerstrokeace said:
Here's the front end kit you should use

http://www.rcmotorsports.net/Pg4Link.html

Ace
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of info available here.

I used the rcm crossmember back in 2000. When I talked to him on the phone he says" Ya know a big block will fit in just as easy as your Cleveland." The cleveland never made it. No replacement for displacement- or boost or nitrous at that. Tres...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome your going learn more than in a Tec. school, these guy are smart, savvy builders and racers and very good folks. The site is run very well with a lot of class enjoy. Thanks very much for your service were behind you guys all the way. Ben Boenisch, uf63

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome everybody. I am looking forward to learning from the forum. Of course, you have now caused my first problem. I originally started off wanting the 460. The 302 was offered to me. Figured I'd save a little money for now. Of course, in the long run it will cost more to build two engines. If there's anybody in southern California looking to part with a stock 460 cheap let me know. LOL. Thanks for the link powerstrokeace. Nice looking kit. Another thing to save for. I'll keep you all posted on what happens. I am always open to advice by the way. Everybody knows someting but nobody knows everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts