460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this truck since I was 15. My very first truck. Shes known by many people and loved around here and recently, a buddy of mine totaled it. Sad day. The motor, tranny and a few other things are still good and I want to build the motor. The guys on PSA directed me here. So far, Ive learned that the cam is a big holdback for these motors because of the EFI fuel system, also theres an adapter to put a carb setup on an EFI motor and supposedly thats better anyway because the EFI head outflows the carb head (without headwork presumably) and the stock pistons can hold a bit depending on what kind of numbers Im looking for. Well thats around 400rwhp or at least close to it is what Im aiming for. Not sure if I want to keep the 3spd auto C6, but if I want something else, I guess I would need all that comes with it. Just looking for solid opinions on what yall would do with it to achieve 400rwhp. The truck will be going back down to 35 or 36s also. Heres a few pics of before, and after.

·
Registered
914 Posts
How did he total it? It looks like the frame bent in half in the middle. I'm not too familiar with efi or the efi heads but I do know that they apparently flow better than other stock heads. With the c6 its beast very strong automatic trans but it does cost you some power spinning its heavy internals. But to have something that will take what you throw at it its a compromise. I'm thinking you gonna need about 500hp or so to be 400hp at the wheels. Whats your budget like? Do you wanna build a stroker or just make a wicked 460?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did he total it? It looks like the frame bent in half in the middle. I'm not too familiar with efi or the efi heads but I do know that they apparently flow better than other stock heads. With the c6 its beast very strong automatic trans but it does cost you some power spinning its heavy internals. But to have something that will take what you throw at it its a compromise. I'm thinking you gonna need about 500hp or so to be 400hp at the wheels. Whats your budget like? Do you wanna build a stroker or just make a wicked 460?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
well its not going to be on the 46's no more. Goin back to 35s. Not concerned with the budget. In stock it spun 36/14.5s with ease on pavement. 400 should roast 35s with ease.

He totaled it on a foggy wet night, had that 50" LED bar on (mistake) and ran it off the road in about a 6' ditch

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sorry to hear that hoss......never like to hear a first love being totaled......she was sexy....not sure what route you would like to go....the aution block has a couple motors in there for fairlycheap.....400-550 hp range.....depending on how many miles you haveon it woyldnt hurt to tear it down and start over......stroker kit.ALWAYS put a smile on you face when someone ask what motors in there and you can say 500+ cubic inches ...decent heads ...good flowing intake4-500 hp is easy with these motors.....also you would have better responses if you posted in the engine tech instead of the archives

1 - 4 of 4 Posts