6,970 Posts

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Welcome Andy, Lots of good guy's and good info here. Rick

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I remember back in the day when TNN would run the swamp buggy races with I believe Steve Evans commentating...that was quality TV.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the site Andy ! :D

·
Registered
685 Posts
simsbud2 said:
Names Andy from naples Florida,im 22 , I race Swamp Buggy's and Run a big block ford,

I've also seen your sport on T.V...
Please inform us on your combo? Class? Engine size? Wheels-tires? rear-end?

Inform us on other classes?

Most of the buggies I've seen are all brand X. How are you doing with your BBF?

thanks

adam

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a 460 bored 30 over, with a 2 speed powerglide tranny, with port and polished Dove C heads, and a victor Intake with a 390 CFM Carb, carb is small because of the class im in, I am in the V8 Super Stock Class, im running Pinched tractor tires in the rear and Fan Belt Tires in the front,, I got a Franklin Quick Change rear end, with Hubert PLanitaries,

·
Registered
456 Posts
Welcome and WOW. I too have seen these on TV. Closest thing we have out this way is inland jet boats. What a cool vehicle though. Tres..

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sounds like it need a little more silicone on the ignition as it hit the hole it got a pretty good miss...

I gotta admit, I too miss the good old days of motorsports, where ABC or whoever carried NASCAR, and TNN, and SPEED carried all the assorted flavors, from truck and tractor pulling, to WRC, to Swamp buggy racing. There is a whole lot more out there than NASCAR, and as much as I enjoy watching the boys rub a fender.. I would enjoy seeing the rest of the world all that much more.

390cfm carb, man that thing has to just about suck the butterflies out of the carb.........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts