460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a house in Brownsburg, just 5 miles from John Force's shop. ( INDY )

It already has a huge shop on the property, nice find.

So anyway, I was in the lobby of the comfort inn and the whole ashley force pit crew come walking by. Needless to say I had to say something.

We wound up going to Applebees together and talking Funny car stuff. I had a great time. My wife said I was in my "element" :roll:

anyway, it was a blast.

I close on the house on the 24th of Aug, should be in it by Sept 1.

looking forward to living 5 miles from the US nats.

8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'm Jealous...... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I got to meet with them in Commerce, GA this year. Great bunch of guys! It's a shame they do the most work under the worst conditions and get the least amount of recognition from it. I enjoyed seeing them in the pits, and if they weren't busy they were always willing to chat with all the fans.

I guess this makes moving to Indy all worth it now, and does this mean now that you will not be sleeping in a trailer now! :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Indy

I complelety understand. I moved here from Southern Illinois in 1993 to work on Steve Schmidt's Pro Stock team. I was blown away about how cool it is to live here. I worked all night with Dyno Don and Earl Wade one evening. No hope of anything like that where I'm from. Actually, just no hope there period. My number is 317 294 4323 if you need any thing. Good Luck. Tim

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
powerstrokeace said:
Why the big move? I'd love to be in your shoe's

Ace

not to give you a short answer but Money is why the big move.

Going to work for a different gas pipeline company for more change.

I wouldnt move my family 3 states away from my home in Miss. of 18 yrs on a whim, they made me an offer I couldnt refuse so to speak.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Indy

THE FAB SHOP said:
I complelety understand. I moved here from Southern Illinois in 1993 to work on Steve Schmidt's Pro Stock team. I was blown away about how cool it is to live here. I worked all night with Dyno Don and Earl Wade one evening. No hope of anything like that where I'm from. Actually, just no hope there period. My number is 317 294 4323 if you need any thing. Good Luck. Tim
Tim, I'll give you a call when we get settled up there. thanks least I'll sorta know someone. 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on your new job and home purchase. I live about 20 miles north of Brownsburg, and I'm sure you will really like that area to live and work. It's a really neat area with all the racing and racing business that goes on around the Indy area. Give me a call when you get settled, and maybe we can get some of the forum guys together for some good food and bench racing. I know Tim and Craig and maybe some others would be up for it, and it would be fun for everyone. Thanks, Dennis Woody 765-436-7047

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Jerry,
Best of luck on your move to Indy. Not as nice in the winter, but the money will help you adapt! Steve

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey I will not be at ORP this weekend. I went to load and the starter doesn't sound good. I will sit out this week so I can prep for next week. Call if your not doing anything I'll show you around.

·
Registered
111 Posts
thats too cool 8) best of luck to you on the new job. I just started one about 7 weeks ago. at least you'll be doing the same kind of work (i guess) I went from building houses to running power to houses. Change is hard!!!!! and moving sucks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts