460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 53 Ford F350 project I started a few years ago. Every 6 months or so my wife asks when it will be done, so I decide to work on it for a couple weeks.

Lurking in a ND farm field

High tech frame alignment jig - funny how straight everything came out.

Chevy C30 IFS

Frame all painted up - crappy prep work, going to be painting all that again.

14 bolt

460 and C6 from an F150 I stripped out. Need to swap in a 2wd output.

I originally had an Olds 455/TH400 in the chassis, which fit great. Ford even built the firewall for a GM distributor :)

Here is why you see a lot of Chevy motors in 53-56 Fords. Ford motors don't fit ;) - but when a 460/C6 powered F150 fell into my lap for $100 I figured it would be worth the pain.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice!!!!

Love it when I see those old Ford's come back to life. You made the right decision for the 460 too. Hang around here long enough and you'll start getting the itch for a stroker combo. :lol:

I went to your website and viewed your '53 there. How about the 3rd pic from the left on the top. Is that an old Ford panel van in the background there???? Maybe it needs a 460 too!!

Welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Nice!!!!

fordpower said:
Love it when I see those old Ford's come back to life. You made the right decision for the 460 too. Hang around here long enough and you'll start getting the itch for a stroker combo. :lol:

I went to your website and viewed your '53 there. How about the 3rd pic from the left on the top. Is that an old Ford panel van in the background there???? Maybe it needs a 460 too!!

Welcome.
Looks like a 49-52 panel. That picture is from the farm I got it from, the guy had 100's of old trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Cool build you have going there! I have wanted to have a 50 something Ford ramp truck for years with a 460.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts