460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Jordan. I am from East TN.

I am joining due to inheriting my late grandfathers flatbed 1 ton truck that I learned to drive a manual trans on. The engine is, you guessed it, a last year carbed 460.

It is going to need some work, and I hope to learn a lot from this forum on getting the engine running to a respectable stock form.

It is a '87 F350 that was sold as a cab and chasis. He ordered it from a dealer in Bowling Green, KY and had the aluminum flat bed put on along with the adapters for the dual rear wheels. It is a 5 speed with a manual transfer case. Has manual locks and windows. Solid front and rear axles with leaf springs at each corner. Doesn't get much easier than that to work on. It was last licensed in 2011, so hoepfully it won't be too bad to get up and running again....

It is definitely a lot of work to get this rig wear I want it, but I love working on these old fords.

I am keeping this truck and a '85 Bronco II that he had in his fleet of many Fords.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
good luck with it .there is a wealth of info on here, and one of the better forums, I am from east tn also and allot of my problems I ran across was solved here, good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts