460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
5,231 Posts
New Members are manually screened to eliminate unwanted spam. This takes time and means that new pending members ability to post is not available until the administrators approve them. The administrators work to do this as quickly as possible, but it can take some time. The approval process is necessary to keep unwanted advertising/spam posts off the forum so please be patient. We will get to you just as soon as we can.

Please make sure that your posts are respectful to all other forum members. This forum is about exchanging information and ideas on a subject we all love. Please keep this in mind when you post. Verbally aggressive, threatening or antagonistic posts will not be tolerated and could get you banned from the forum so please keep it civil.

Thank you!

· Registered
5 Posts
New Members are manually screened to eliminate unwanted spam. This takes time and means that new pending members ability to post is not available until the administrators approve them. The administrators work to do this as quickly as possible, but it can take some time. The approval process is necessary to keep unwanted advertising/spam posts off the forum so please be patient. We will get to you just as soon as we can.

Please make sure that your posts are respectful to all other forum members. This forum is about exchanging information and ideas on a subject we all love. Please keep this in mind when you post. Verbally aggressive, threatening or antagonistic posts will not be tolerated and could get you banned from the forum so please keep it civil.

Thank you!
Preciate it.

· Registered
1 Posts

Thank you!
Well that explains everything. Disregard my email asking why I couldn't start my conversation.

· Registered
1 Posts

Thank you!
All good. Appreciated I’m sure

· Registered
4 Posts

Thank you!
Gotcha bro......

· Registered
1 Posts

Thank you!I am already appreciating this site dedicated to the 460 big block, it will need it. I have never claimed to be a mechanic and really never wanted to but over my 50 years of life I have hired a mechanic zero times and thats not because 1.) im independently weathy and just discard the heap once a thermostat fails. 2) related to jay leno and just grab another one ((he never knows)) 3) my whole family ae certified topnotch mechanics who do not mind working on my victims.

Ok im a newbie, true enough I have turned a wrench everytime, once I can find the right wrench which seems to be never. My experiences have primarily been replacement and fine tuning or initial tuning, conversion, adaptation, rebuilding, specs, are all pretty new to me. I just recently rebuit my first carb the other day successfully at the second attempt ( I hope,) Vacuum is my interest now. I cant seem to have the idle mixture screws make a difference. I been beat down by covid and in my desperation my girl choose a 78 ford e350 chateau country squire 24 foot motorhome that code enforcement qued on being in the driveway because the neighbor decided it was a eyesore and clearly in th code rules no recreational vehicles allowed in the driveways over 20 foot so I cut the bathroom off. To cover up the rushed modification me and my can opener created I slopped around the wildest urban camo colors I could find which turned out really well with the earth wind and fire theme I dissapeared in the residental areas and had I would say a 95% acceptance rate but the other 5% usually meant the police were going to come check me out. We started a new buisness with this RV a mobile dog grooming buisness and cutting off the bathroom left us shrt on space so we had to reconfigure the floor plan, so After remodeling the rv for the buisness before the chop down I got to remove the electrical and water and heat and a/c systems which were in place originally. I would have had to bb redone anyhow because over the years the shielding of the wiring was wearing done to bare copper from rubbing on carper and carpet matting. So I eagerly removed all the old systems tisking at the manufacturer, why did the do it this way, it only made it 43 years and then installed my own systems, and then remodified them, then again re engineerd them, and then scrathed my head "cursing" Ill do it again, My roof leaked so I fixed it again and again and again, layer over layer oger layer, So I completely repaneled this with 2800 watts of solar, Pretty cool except when on occassion 150 volt dc inerchanges with the 12 but Im pretty active in keeping up on the electrical inspections and havr a nose for it, I quickly identified when I noticed the cabinets werent sitting at a level anymore so I consructed a interior cathedral ceiling to support the extra weight.

ok all that being said lets get back on topic the 460 purchased from a younger guy. The Rv was once owned by a rental agency but had only 50k on the ticket. low miles right, a true gem I thought, then well its still a 78. The very first outing went fine to the camp site and when we went to leave the starter went out. i went and bought a new starter and put it in but wheeng i looked in and three teeth were missing off the fly wheel or flex plate but a old guy told me he had a problem as a child and hed just crank over the motor by hand every once in a while so I tried it and a year later and 4 starters I feel confident enough I can work on what I like to call my battle barge, this old beast sure beats any newer vehicle loaded down wih every sensor that oviously is designed just to make you walk home. Like if someone breks your window and steals your radio that obviously means your probably pissed and need time to cool off so they make it so the egine wont start andforce you to walk the 10 miles home. What were they thinking, do they think they are going to steal the radio and steal the car to coverup their crime.

well I have no lack of experience with tools, powertools, homemade tools, misused tools,creativity, and a desire to adapt, modify, and comple so this poor 460 will need you if its to survive, even with you its chances are not good, Im older and love to learn but Im not very good at it. make a mistake " its like duhh and to make it a second time its like duhhh I knew that"

Ok guys and gals, admin , guest, professionals and onlookers this is my intro, I am going to be here trying to gather the info I need. Unlike my intro I wont be to vocal at first once approved but when and if you ever do approve me, you wont say due to the same curtiousy rules you expect from your members but feel free to pm me and say it as it is when I speak to much. Ill try to keep my gibberish on topic because I appreciate what Im seeing, just wish I could pinpoint my interest already .

Thank you
I appreciate the detailed pictures even though I probably not grasping the obvious at first glance TY
Dennis the newbie

1 - 20 of 27 Posts