460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Yes I know its not a 385 series, but it is still Ford (No Cheby crap). I got a 351w for free after helping a neighbor and consdering my truck has the straight 6 (300 ci) with 264,000 miles, I figure it is time for a little freshening up. So after a rebuild of the 351 for now I'll have a little more power with a close to new motor. Is there anything i need to watch out for on these motors. It is out of an 84 Bronco with the factory HO 4 bbl option. I will try to have some pics tommorow. I'm planning on putting new gaskets top to bottom, new main and rod bearings and new piston rings. Is it possible to put the crosshatch back into the cylinder wall without having to bore over. The motor has 64,000 original miles.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just make sure it does not leak and has decent compression. Then put it in and drive it. Dont' buy any headers or any cams , save the belts ,etc... Save your money $$$ for a big block. That's why you are here :shock: A 64k mi engine is better off not messed with. Tres...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
About the only thing you'll need to look out for with a 351 HO 4V is a gas station ,they're gas suckers :shock:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
56tbird said:
About the only thing you'll need to look out for with a 351 HO 4V is a gas station ,they're gas suckers :shock:
It is a 2V small block. How can I unfreeze pistons from the piston walls so I can turn the crank? Well I got to tearing the motor apart and it is in not so good a shape. :( I guess somebody had already been in there and rebuilt it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbokid15 said:
56tbird said:
It is a 2V small block. How can I unfreeze pistons from the piston walls so I can turn the crank? Well I got to tearing the motor apart and it is in not so good a shape. :( I guess somebody had already been in there and rebuilt it.
As i figured the engine was remanufactured by a company out of springfeild missouri called springfeild engine rebuilders. All of the main bearings are toast. All of the rod bearings are burnt. 2 were spun. One rod was bent. Luckily the block is still in very good shape. So I beleive i am gonna go .060 over stock, a 4.00" stroke crank, 6.200 connecting rods, and come out around 414ci. And ive decided im probably gonna buy a 88 to 95 F-150 2wd and make a street/strip truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually was about 5 miles from there for 8 years, but just recently moved to jacksonville, Arkansas

·
Registered
989 Posts
I here ya...I was there from 2002-2006. Had a good time, but a civilian now and loving it. What about you?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can somebody decode this engine code please?
E9AE 6015 AA 10

The only thing I could find showed it was out of an 89 galaxy. :? Dont seem right to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts