460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. I found a set of D0VE heads for $500 to increase my compression ratio so I can use the cam I bought. My current heads are C8VE. That 8 looks like a 3 but I confirmed it was an 8. The heads I found online could be damaged and is 2 hours away so would it be better to replace my pistons to gain compression Or go with the D0VE heads? I could have the valves replaced and a valve job for about $300 plus parts. I don’t have the $ to put adjustable rockers unless it’s absolutely necessary. I’m not looking for outrageous HP. It seems the more I read and advise I receive the more confused I get. What piston would best fit my build? Would I need to have the cylinders bored? I’ll put a Link to the piston set I have my eye on and the cam kit I already have. Also a pic of the head. I’m 50 years old and this will be my first engine rebuild. I want to do it right but don’t want to bust the bank while doing it. I bought a Weiand Stealth intake, Holley 750 DP, headers with c6 trans and will be getting A 2500 stall converter. Again, any and all advise is appreciated!

White Blue Light Product Automotive tire

· Registered
22 Posts
You say you want to do this correctly, OK then, please measure or have someone measure the block deck height on all four corners. I like to figure the exact static compression ratio and will show you how to do it. Continue with the thumper cam only if you want to impress the younguns and have the old guys laugh at you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts