460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$2600 New complete,74cc chambers,no rockers 401-764-0251 cell 401-965-2352 or will trade for P51 heads complete

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shocktowers

would like a fairlane.i have a 71 cobra torino with 6921 original miles,shaker,louvers,orig drivetrain,all good.want to build a replacement powerplant to go to cruise nites with.i wonder if anyone out here has a template or mockup set for the blue thunder b heads in this type of engine bay.or adapter plates.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't think I'm going to have much good news for you. mines a 70 and I've been using BT "B" heads for years now. Here's what I had to do to the shock towers to fit my headers.

those are 2 1/4" primaries, I fear even if you try 2", or smaller, you'll have to dimple the shock tower just to get a set in there. I had the 6201 hooker headers with factory heads and they fit with no shock tower modifications but you still had to cut a hole into the right wheel well along with requiring manual steering. the 1 7/8" hookers are nearly a direct replacement but will not work with the bt's.

If someone was to custom build a set of headers, a 2" MAY fit with no shock tower modifications. $3000 seems a bit steep for an exhaust system unless it's stainless.

I used to have mine set up with factory mounts but have since fabricated a motor plate to get the bit tube headers to fit

If I can help, pm me with questions

Dave[/code]

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Dave car looks great,are you running Extreme Street

this year.I talked to you a couple years back at the N.M.C.A race in Columbus,Ohio.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
377 Posts
thanks scott. it's only a couple years older than me. but I like em a little older :)

hi mark, yeah, i remember, you've seen it pre-paint in the nmra days. how's it going? we missed out on last years Nat. Trails race and now nmca dumped it for 08. :evil: they've finally given us a competitive head. should be an interesting year...

sorry for the hijack gman. here's a bump at least

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dave,
Beautiful ride, how much does it weigh and how fast? Did you weld the extension on top of the valve cover for the pump? Are there baffles in the extension ? I have been concerned about seperating the oil from the vacuum pump exhaust and it looks like you have been working on that problem. How well does it work? Any help would be appreciated.
---------thanks---------David F.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks Dave, it's gone 8.61/162 at 3500lbs. Yes the valve cover is baffled and seems to work ok, on the dyno at least. Haven't got many test passes on the set up yet.

Dave 61 said:
Dave,
Beautiful ride, how much does it weigh and how fast? Did you weld the extension on top of the valve cover for the pump? Are there baffles in the extension ? I have been concerned about seperating the oil from the vacuum pump exhaust and it looks like you have been working on that problem. How well does it work? Any help would be appreciated.
---------thanks---------David F.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Wow! Looking at the car I would have never thought it was that fast! It is a sleeper! What size motor is that? How much nitrous are you spraying?
Nick

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Damn Dave don't give all your secrets....lol....Hey...what master cylinder is that you are using?....Sorry for the hi jack fellas........D

·
Registered
377 Posts

Thanks Nick, how about now? :) back in the day sleeper effect was enhanced by rattle can primer 8) real easy to sucker the chevy boys then.

524" and 400hp on a fogger. I mean, nitrous!? what nitrous??

Brakes?? Devildog, what brakes?? :p it's from Strange, looks like a dodge and probably is. but it bolts right in place of the booster.

Gman, you sell those heads yet? there, back on track

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very cool Dave! 8) Man that is a big hit...a 400 shot! :shock: Is it progressive? You are not coming off the line with 400 are you?? It don't need to look like a sleeper at that point, you already got em :wink: !!
Nick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts