460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three sets of these heads are now for sale, (which use stock production 2.083" and 1.656" valves in "AS IS" condition). Also available WITH stainless stock size valves seperate; OR comp valve job and longer installed height, (over 2 inches), 2.125" intake and 1.660" tulip exhaust valves; OR bowls opened and comp valve job for 2.19" intake and 1.77" tulip exhaust, stainless valves, (taller installed height dimension).

Any of the above combinations or complete heads are available if you wish.

PM or e-mail me for information and prices on heads other than "AS IS" which are $749.00 per pair.

·
Registered
720 Posts
do you know the specificates

i'm interested in the runner volumns,flow numbers,combustion chamber CC's,what type of exhaust port,and if there is a web site for these ? thanks ron

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many CC's is a D3VE intake port and how much does it flow - it's a copy of it.
How big is the combustion chamber on a D3VE head; it's a copy of it.
They have a slightly raised, (.270"), smaller version of the "street TFS" exhaust port with a filled floor. Regular or CJ header flanges will physically fit however they are made for CJ headers; (the roof of a regular header will need to be raised some to fit without a step. Relocating the bolt holes, in the head OR the header and raising the entire D0VE sise header will work).

Other places night try to tell you differently but, I've looked 'em over side by side and this iis what they are - NOTHING like a "Street TFS" intake port.

www.procompelectronics.com - is the ProComp web site although I'm pretty sure you won't find these heads listed on there yet. .

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
three sets...

I had so many inquiries about the port size I just had to measure the intake ports and combustion chambers on these ProComp heads.

I took valves directly out of a cast iron FORD D3VE head, (2.083" intake diameter & 1.653" exhaust valve diameter), and installed them into these heads for measuring purposes.

The intake ports measure 268cc's and the combustion chambers are 94cc's.

NOTHING like what SOME people are advertising; including the manufacturer...!

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again ... the EXHAUST port location is in the same place as a "street" TFS head only this exhaust port is slightly smaller than the TFS head.

TFS doesn't offer a SMALL VALVE cylinder head.

One guy on Ebay is simply a merchandiser and knows NOTHING about actual use; although he THINKS he does.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah, seems to be a re-occuring theme on ebay. however i picked up a bellhousing for $25 cause the guy didn't know what he has.

can't go wrong with a set of $850 aluminum heads if they will work in your application. If they were a little different i'd be buying a set next week. Good luck in your sale and thanks for the help...

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have one pair of this shipment left and then the price will be going UP to $859.00 per par of bare castings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts