460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was taking advantage of some free time today and took drive to a small hidden wrecking yard and found two bbf here are the block casting # 3j215348 and 35288712 both have d3v3 a2a heads so i am assuming they are 73 blocks but they claim one of them is a 429 block i can buy them both for 100 dollars. Was hopeing someone could identify these for me thanks fo any info.

·
Registered
190 Posts
those aren't the block casting #s we need, there should be casting #s behind the starter, Probably d1ve- . If they are for sure 429/460 buy them, but they could even be 370 truck motors. Are there no stickers on the valve covers? Randy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bet that they are both D1VE blocks.And the heads are D3VE.Are they in cars or trucks?Either way you cant go wrong with that cheap of a price.They will have to be between a 73 and 78 model with those heads, unless they have been changed.Like the other reply, look for the sticker on the valve cover.If one is a 429, it might say CID DIS.7.0 L on the sticker.And as for the exact year.The sticker will say at the bottom,this engine meets standards for 19_ _ year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the one had sticker that daid 429/ 460 other one had no covers on it they are laying in the dirt and had no way to roll them over for other numbers might just have to take a sunday drive with my little boys and get them interested in working on old iron and pick them up will post casting numbers when i get them home and maybe a picture or two if i can figure out how to do that. thanks for replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts